Latest server files

General assistance and guidelines for editing the server side of Soma.

Latest server files

Postby arcanine » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:12 pm

Going to start to update the server files as they're years old

Latest stable version is currently 2.6 if you find any stability problems please report

Change log: 2.6
Okay this is a big maintenance release in particular for the database a big thank you to Finito for his work on this
the change log database wise is here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2104457/ChangeLog.txt
the full SQL script is here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2104457/Soma-2- ... Script.sql
be aware the script isn't a upgrade script if you already have data in those tables don't execute it, otherwise it will cause unpredictable results or potentially data loss

I've also restored the missing the guildlogo folder that I took out the last release, deleted the orphaned soma user on the database, included instructions for loop back problems and deleted the service manager (use the service creator)

Finito's changes reset the database we have back to esoma rates the database we were using before had been modified away from esoma this release corrects those changes including but not limited to incorrect rates and incorrect drop rates, see the change log for details

The register page has been upgraded to use the odbc driver so we can use new versions of PHP I've yet to upgrade the other scripts yet but simply create a 32bit odbc connection for your register page and update config.php accordingly I'll be amending the main guide with this new method when possible, I may also try and switch us over to nginx if I can get it with PHP pre-installed as xampp has become a giant half gig install

Code: Select all
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2104457/SERVER2.6.zip

To see the entire change log browse through the thread
Last edited by arcanine on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:48 am, edited 12 times in total.
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Re: Latest server files

Postby arcanine » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:40 pm

change log 1.1:
  • Added web tools from: http://eamayl.2.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=14
  • Seperated database tools and web tools
  • Edited database to allow nulls on the account table to allow successful register.php execution
  • Default account added, soma/soma no character added
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby arcanine » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Change log 1.2:
  • Updated Game.exe - now dir.ini accepts strings allowing for domain names and IP addresses

Contributed by Finito
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby arcanine » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:35 am

Change log 1.3:
  • Added latest oneperone as contributed by Finito/Tiffany
  • Deleted older oneperone

arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby arcanine » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:31 pm

The last release has a bug in the onperone as found by starlite, which I'm told causes errors when you gain stats, Tiffany is working on the fix, this post will be updated with 1.4 when the bug is resolved
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby Miser » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:59 am

The error is just that the server is using a Korean string table, so all server message strings sent to clients are in Korean.
Miser
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby Tiffany » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:17 am

Miser wrote:The error is just that the server is using a Korean string table, so all server message strings sent to clients are in Korean.

I thought I was going a bit (more) mad. I found a bug with the implementation of the Ollydbg scripts but I haven't found any issues and the test server has been running since the share with a bot doing some levelling, all the stat messages and level up stuff seems to be absolutely fine, so far.
Tiffany
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby Miser » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:53 am

I know Rubix tested a version of the 1p1 with the problem, though I can't vouch for if it was a particular version in this thread, but to be more specific on where the korean strings occured: every stat gain, every time you threw an item or picked one up, every time you /pos'd a player - all of the server-side strings were affected. I haven't personally tested any of the 1p1s in this thread though.
Miser
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby Tiffany » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:06 pm

I have had a chance to do a compare of a slowly altered 1P1, (altered and checked at each stage) against the Server Version 1.3 (identified in the dialogue box as 1.501). There is a significant issue with the buffer overrun checking function that was code shifted as it looks like it has been mistakenly done twice (by me) which would move and overwrite some other code. Although I haven't used ollydbg to identify what it is doing exactly I think the next step would be to test, as I am doing, verify the original problem has been resolved and publish a corrected 1P1.

It might be a good idea to get another person to verify the changes prior to re-publishing to ensure all the general features and the updated bugs work. However, this needs a person that has the work the bugs. Since, the main ones are grouped it would be relatively short test... like negative numbers and over-range condition in the throw dupe, etc.

I have still to apply the devil weight gain fix (Devils weight rolls back to 48 when they pass 2710h = 10,000, the fix extends this also to 7FFEh = 32,766) to the new 1p1 but hope to have it available before the weekend.
Tiffany
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby arcanine » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:33 pm

Tiffany wrote:I have had a chance to do a compare of a slowly altered 1P1, (altered and checked at each stage) against the Server Version 1.3 (identified in the dialogue box as 1.501). There is a significant issue with the buffer overrun checking function that was code shifted as it looks like it has been mistakenly done twice (by me) which would move and overwrite some other code. Although I haven't used ollydbg to identify what it is doing exactly I think the next step would be to test, as I am doing, verify the original problem has been resolved and publish a corrected 1P1.

It might be a good idea to get another person to verify the changes prior to re-publishing to ensure all the general features and the updated bugs work. However, this needs a person that has the work the bugs. Since, the main ones are grouped it would be relatively short test... like negative numbers and over-range condition in the throw dupe, etc.

I have still to apply the devil weight gain fix (Devils weight rolls back to 48 when they pass 2710h = 10,000, the fix extends this also to 7FFEh = 32,766) to the new 1p1 but hope to have it available before the weekend.

Thanks Tiffany let me know when you've finished the oneperone I will ask billy to see if he will test it as he seems competent in dupe and exploit testing, I have a lot of new tools to include in the next update kindly contributed by remix.
hopefully will have a dupe free oneperone and as of yet unreleased tools by remix for 1.4 :)
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Next

Return to Server Development