Latest server files

General assistance and guidelines for editing the server side of Soma.

Re: Latest server files

Postby Tiffany » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:49 pm

The only issue with the 1P1/client still is that the client and server really need some other exploit fixes like, (and is not a full list):
Client app:
  • Moving the code in memory to reduce memory altering - perhaps in real-time, however this does produce lag-like features - Thermida and Armadillo pro have these functions.
  • Obfuscation of the client process to reduce packet insertion - possibility of masking / including the dinput.dll.
  • Moving/Altering the PE blocks to ensure the utility is harder to find the relevant functions.
  • Alteration of the encryption functions significantly to ensure the current tools do not work and also to make the networking more secure overall - needs some severe assembly work and hexing + moving ASM functions around to make space OR utilise the more debugged source client with addition of the new encryption features.
  • In conjunction with the above, easier server developer tool(s) (***see note) to ensure that the Client and Server encryption and/or memory code moving (if not automatic via the exe encryption/compression applications) are altered in a short time - weekly perhaps. The main point here is that they should be altered as there isn't such a thing as a completely secure system and therefore its wise to alter it in a timely manner to reduce the risk of encryption key / function cracking.
*** - The tools present a significant problem as it takes some knowledge to hex in the new encryption values or alter the C++ client source. Also, the application needs to have code displacement and then have code sections highlighted in hex (Armadillo - and source code too) or via the exe encryption test / mapping functions during the application encrypting phase.

Server - 1P1
  • Alteration of the encryption functions significantly to ensure the current tools in the client do not work and also to make the networking more secure overall - This could be achieved by adding features to the current proxy which only port alters the packet stream currently but could be coded to decrypt and re-present it in a similar way to the current 1p1's and vice versa
  • Due to the encryption function change it might be prudent to provide the proxy with encryption also run through the exe encryption/compression applications - although, care needs to be taken not to provide too much time delay

Without doing some of these things I can't see that any server can run with a reasonable chance to succeed without someone hacking / cracking or generally abusing bugs giving them an advantage over the other users.
Tiffany
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby arcanine » Sat May 01, 2010 7:39 pm

Change log 1.4:
  • Added remix's latest tool set - seems to be a login server there to replace services needs testing
  • Changes to the database, it didn't seem to restore in previous edits
  • the current oneperone is still buggy hoping to have 1.5 out soon

has to now be hosted on external sites as the file is larger then 5mb which is the limit for this forum's attachment system.

Code: Select all
http://rapidshare.com/files/382392062/SERVER1.4.zip.html

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2104457/SERVER1.4.zip
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby arcanine » Sat May 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Change Log: 1.5:
  • Oneperone should be dupe free and hopefully doesn't use Korean strings like before, this however has not been tested it should include all dupe fixes made by Finito and kindly implemented by Tiffany

I will be asking remix about his login server to see how it holds up as a replacement to the standard services set-up

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2104457/SERVER1.5.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/382459643/SERVER1.5.zip
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby arcanine » Sun May 02, 2010 6:50 pm

Change log: 1.6

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2104457/SERVER1.6.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/382744567/SERVER1.6.zip
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby arcanine » Mon May 03, 2010 10:09 pm

Change log: 1.7

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2104457/SERVER1.7.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/383178704/SERVER1.7.zip
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby StarLite » Wed May 05, 2010 6:59 pm

y cant i use this with sql 2000
StarLite
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Postby Tiffany » Wed May 05, 2010 7:22 pm

StarLite wrote:y cant i use this with sql 2000

... Because its based on MSSQL2005 and will not work with 2000. This is since 2005 and 2008 Express versions are available for free and hence legal. Also, they allow support for any MSSQL bugs or exploits that sneak in now and again.

Therefore, it was purposely backed-up in MSSQL2005 and is not easy to transfer back. Theoretically, it is possible to do via wizards export of the table definitions (which i've done) and data table extraction queries due to some tables featuring binary data which will not work ported to SQL text file(s) [I stopped at this point as it was not worth continuing with an old test server running on MSSQL2000].
Tiffany
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby StarLite » Wed May 05, 2010 7:30 pm

Tiffany wrote:

... Because its based on MSSQL2005 and will not work with 2000. This is since 2005 and 2008 Express versions are available for free and hence legal. Also, they allow support for any MSSQL bugs or exploits that sneak in now and again.

Therefore, it was purposely backed-up in MSSQL2005 and is not easy to transfer back. Theoretically, it is possible to do via wizards export of the table definitions (which i've done) and data table extraction queries due to some tables featuring binary data which will not work ported to SQL text file(s) [I stopped at this point as it was not worth continuing with an old test server running on MSSQL2000].

is there any good quides to use sql 2005/2008 as i cant seem to be able to work them?
StarLite
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Postby Tiffany » Wed May 05, 2010 7:40 pm

StarLite wrote:
Tiffany wrote:

is there any good quides to use sql 2005/2008 as i cant seem to be able to work them?

not as such, its pretty similar. If you choose the instance name as SQLEXPRESS and continue the install, then just add the server name as MACHINENAME\SQLEXPRESS (NB: you do need to edit the MACHINENAME for your PC/Server) using the native odbc driver, check version, (found to the right when choosing which driver to add) is 2005.blah.blah. If you used any other SQL version the old SQL driver will be present but will not connect properly.

Apart from that, its mostly the same as mssql2000. There may be some odd changes like ensuring named pipes / port is set to 1433 as this bit may effect apache later but should be ok for soma services.

This guide could be used and just to mention to search you can put text in the little text box marked Search and it helps you find things! http://www.somadev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=656
Tiffany
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby arcanine » Wed May 05, 2010 7:55 pm

You can find a slightly more comprehensive guide here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1998
if you have trouble following it please let me know so I can make amendments and changes
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

PreviousNext

Return to Server Development