Latest server files

General assistance and guidelines for editing the server side of Soma.

Re: Latest server files

Postby arcanine » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:02 pm

Change log 3.0:
  • First extension release
  • New oneperone
  • remote wh/stash/repair fix
  • trace/recall fix

This extension is Rauban's code released with the help of Remix and Ramy this is the extension in the compiled form and should provide additional security fixes on top of the standard oneperone.

Code: Select all
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2104457/SERVER3.0.zip
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby Discovery » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Is it still the standard client and version/encryption even with the new extension?
Discovery
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Postby Ramy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:31 pm

yes the files are standard enc and soma/soma user/pass.
Ramy
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby Discovery » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:32 pm

arcanine wrote:Change log 3.0:
  • New oneperone
  • trace/recall fix

This extension is Rauban's code released with the help of Remix and Ramy this is the extension in the compiled form and should provide additional security fixes on top of the standard oneperone.

FYI the SQL backup is from SQL 2012 this cannot be restored to SQL 2008

Can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=29062
Discovery
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Postby arcanine » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:54 pm

Discovery wrote:
arcanine wrote:Change log 3.0:
  • New oneperone
  • trace/recall fix

FYI the SQL backup is from SQL 2012 this cannot be restored to SQL 2008

Can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=29062

Ty for the info, in the mean time can use 2.6 db with new files or use SQL 2012
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby phoenixgolden » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:02 pm

can i ask is SQL 2012 better then 2008 tell me how it is and why 2008 seem's good too know got use too it over the year's lol would there be stuff for 2012 be-cos its better system sorta thing lol?
Phoenix.

Human @Inca SomaDev (retired)
phoenixgolden
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby w1ls0n » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:10 pm

Would it be possible in the future to have a backup on SQL 2008 and 2012? I use windows xp to mess around with servers and it appears the new 2012 version is not supported on my OS.
w1ls0n
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby gmsisd9189 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:34 am

hello,

I use to play MYTH OF SOMA back when it orginally opened up for service and havent played sionce it went down. i was hoping to be able to setup my own server for my friends and I. so just to get this in the open so there can be some understanding but i am new with server setups and hosting so please let me know if there is something i missed or could do better/differently. Thank you.

ive followed the soma setup guide in the .pdf file step for step and reviewed other guides. ive read up on some updates to the server files and other things that have been mentioned on this forum. and im still having issues with the setup at "step 5: hexing". the problem is that i am unable to find "servicemanager.exe". ive looked in all the files and folders for it in the SERVER download files and continue to find nothing. with that said is that .exe included on those "server" files or do i find that else where? ( ive also done a full comp search of that program and found nothing). now if i skip that portion and move onto the other 3 and do what it says i have no problems finding and changing it.

i also noticed in some other forums for setup that it seems the hexing is not needed... is that true?
http://bladesofheaven.com/index.php?topic=2.0
http://www.somadev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1998 also on your forums

ive watched the time and date stamps on these posts from the start and it appears that there has been some time that has pasted since the original post. I was hoping that the person who is running this forum with info could repost or start a new forum with some up to date accurate files and programs in one post to eliminate any confusion and to have a quick access/referance. also possibly make 2 separate forums one for 32bit systems and 64bit systems to clarify that the right steps and programs are being used.

ive tried several different server downloads like 2.6, 2.8, and 2.9 along with the original one posted from the begining and as ive stated once i havent found "servicemanager.exe" on any of them.

if this helps any im running a windows 7 64-bit os with mssql 2012 ive also run setups with 2008 r2.

i believe im doing everything the right way ive looked over all the steps several of times to see if im missing something i didnt see before. i have a friend who is also trying to set one up to see if he sees something im not and is coming up with the same issues i am.

please help with suggestions and info with the best of your knowledge and ability. it is very much appreciated and im very excited to setup my own thank you again hope to hear back soon!! :D
gmsisd9189

Postby w1ls0n » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:00 am

I believe step 5 (hexing) is creating the services due to the new tools its even easier now then before.
Step Five: Services Setup

Go to C:\SERVER\services\Service Management\Service Creator
Open config.ini in a text editor
Change the IP line to your current LAN IP
Save and close changes
Open Soma Services.exe and press Create Services
Check the Services by pressing View Services make sure SOMA user, SOMA game, SOMA session are running
if not start them in the order above by selecting them and pressing start

the program services.exe is deffo there as ive just redone my soma setup and had to redo this.
w1ls0n
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby gmsisd9189 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:58 am

so if im reading you correctly

the program "servicemanager.exe" doesn't exsist because its actually services.exe
in other words "servicemanager.exe" = "Services.exe"
gmsisd9189

PreviousNext

Return to Server Development