New Item Guide

General assistance and guidelines for editing the server side of Soma.

New Item Guide

Postby envy360 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:15 pm

Here is what you will need to make your item;

http://files.filefront.com/Soma+Game+To ... einfo.html (all ready posted on forum but this is quicker) :D

Now you have got the OBM>BMP and BMP>OBM converter, Open 'Soma Game Tools' click 'OBM<->BMP'
Click what i have circled

Click what i have circled

Now choose which ItemX.obm you would like to convert
(normally choose last one to add new item, anyone to edit an item)

Now you have selected the itemX.obm you want,
Click OBM->BMP

The OBM files that you converted are in C:\Soma\Item

Edit them using what ever (i used paint lol)
after editing

This is my Item1.obm notice how the first picture is a dagger, sPidNum1 is also 1. The second item a T-staff what a suprise the sPicNum1 for a T-staff is 2 (get it now?)
Most OBM files wil have 36 items except the last one,

This is my item14.obm to work out the sPidNum1 for the first item you would have to add up all the 36 items for 1-13.obm that is 468 so that means the first sPidNum1 would be 469
for my item14.obm and so on...

Then follow steps above but select BMP(C:\Soma\Item) then Choose BMP->OBM instead

Any questions pm me
Last edited by envy360 on Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
envy360
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Re: How to make NEW Items.

Postby Tiffany » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:18 am

On a general note: There is already existing in a share (http://www.somadev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=56) a group of two further sets of item files incorporated with other things imported from mir, (namely Item15, and Item16 - also item14 was filled-up). If you wanted to use these ingame then that would conflict with your guide / custom items. Perhaps a note could be added that the guide is intended for new installations without additional item packs - or any other custom items.

I am not suggesting don't make them just that it would be harder to use additional packs people make/share if there is conflicting item files.

Also worthwhile noting, currently, Mophi's Somaimgsee utility displays the OBM images in inverse order, ie. 1st image in the Itemxx.obm display starts in the upper right corner and increases to the left. ie:
18------------1
36------------19
Images (Item14, 15 & 16 - edited by Hardcore/nopain for Mysoma) dumped from Mophi's Somaimgsee and therefore follow the above pattern:

Redeemed Soma (I think) added an additional two items: [Item16.obm]

Shadows Soma (again was edited by Hardcore/nopain) added additional items [Item16.obm]:

Crazy/Unreal Soma (edited by Hardcore/nopain prior to the split from Shadows) [Item16.obm]:
Last edited by Tiffany on Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiffany
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby shro » Fri May 02, 2008 5:08 am

I get this error when i try to run the application:
NOTE: I am not using vista, i just have maaad skillz and a cool theme program XD

EDIT: fixed, just had to put my desktop to 16bit color mode XD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shro
SD One Star
SD One Star

Postby shro » Fri May 02, 2008 5:37 am

Sorry for the double post, but it wouldnt let me post 2 attachments, I just wanted to share what I've done using this program and photoshop, i have NO idea how to get theese items to show as models though :(

the quality of the image is bogus since i had to save it in paint as a shoddy jpg cause im not allowed to upload BMPs but meh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shro
SD One Star
SD One Star

Postby Tiffany » Fri May 02, 2008 8:54 am

Item
The itemxx.obm are only the images you see when they are dropped on the ground or in store slots as they only have one rotation.

The other images are also in part controlled by the item.idx file which stores info for some objects (ie weapons and armour) on how to correlate between the picnum1 from the db to the various parts of the armour/wep images.

Please note things like potions, upgrade items do not have the following, since they are not worn or animated:

Inventory model display
The images for the inventory model display are held in the INV/DINV folders, (individual file but multiple images allowing the char to be animated).

Model wearing - Armature
The images for the main animation model are held in the ARMATURE/DARMATURE folders. These have up to 15 files, (1 for each stance like peace, attack, etc etc). Each has a number of images to show animation movement of the armour/wep and also 8 sets of them for each angle which corresponds to the character model animation.
There is also an .ani file for each of the stances in the Armature folder which details how many images per rotation, amount of rotations and the sequencing of the images.

index.idx
I don't know if the following helps or hinders but it gives a bit of info if you get an understanding of what each folder / file is for. It was just a xref to help sort out which file corresponds to the sPicNum1:
Edit 08/04/2010: Minor Edit to adjust female arm ref and add a few examples.

NB: Most forums accept png's as bmp would be a bit too big and slow for some users.
Last edited by Tiffany on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tiffany
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby shro » Fri May 02, 2008 10:31 am

Helps, a little, I understand what it is i must do, after adding my items into the itemxx.obm, i must also add the edited animations into the armatures, but i dont understand quite how, is there a program the converts the armature files out of spl that allows me to edit?
shro
SD One Star
SD One Star

Postby Tiffany » Fri May 02, 2008 11:09 am

You already have a program that can do it albeit in a bit of a slow manner. You will need to convert each stance armature/nameherexx.spl file to bmp format and edit them, then convert them back to spl format. The tool you used for the itemxx.obm also has a seperate button to allow conversion from SPL<->BMP.

There are also some shared tools that will do a mass convert of sets of files in a folder from SPL to BMP but not back again.

Please note: As detailed earlier there are some armours, (like hero pads), that seem to crash the program out. I have not really investigated it as I also have other tools (from someone else) to do a similar conversion which does not have this problem.

You also have another task to do a similar thing to the model inventory display which goes on the d-Inv folder aswell. Although this is simpler SPL as it only has 1 rotation.
Tiffany
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby shro » Fri May 02, 2008 11:43 am

Seems like alot of work, and the tool i used is 95% korean :s I'll fool around with it when i have some more time, i really do like the plate set i made with the blue detailing instead of the gold/yellow, i wanna see that one ingame if anyone has photoshop, i can give you the tool and numbers i used to make the effect if you would like to play with it :)
shro
SD One Star
SD One Star

Postby Tiffany » Fri May 02, 2008 1:33 pm

shro wrote:Seems like alot of work, and the tool i used is 95% korean :s I'll fool around with it when i have some more time, i really do like the plate set i made with the blue detailing instead of the gold/yellow, i wanna see that one ingame if anyone has photoshop, i can give you the tool and numbers i used to make the effect if you would like to play with it :)

It is a lot of work as you have 6 to 8 images per rotation ( [6 to 8] * 8 rotations = 48 to 64) images. Thats just for one stance... Rinse and repeat for the other 14 stances.

Although, if I remember correctly the korean tool and one of the versions of mass SPL->BMP tool saves them as one file set but you will still have to re-colour each image.

The tool is already on somadev and you have probably done the simplest bit.
Tiffany
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby shro » Sat May 03, 2008 2:44 am

With photoshop, If its making all 64 images into one file set, or even 64*14 stances, i can re colour them all at the same time to ensure they all get the same colouring treatment... however, i have no idea how to convert the armatures from their format into bmp with this korean tool XD
shro
SD One Star
SD One Star

Next

Return to Server Development