looking for script changer for chinese alphabet

Discussion regarding client development code snippets welcome.

looking for script changer for chinese alphabet

Postby KAVATAR » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:22 pm

Hi,

im looking for a tool that makes me able to read / write the chinese alphabet. Preferably a non permanent tool. I mean i would be able to swith from latin to chinese alphabet and vice versa.
Would be nice being able to comunicate some basic words with the chinese players. :geek:

Ty !
KAVATAR
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Re: looking for script changer for chinese alphabet

Postby Miser » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Chinese words aren't made with letters like english, so there's no alphabet - instead their symbols (hanzi) represent fully formed words or concepts. To type in Chinese with a keyboard you use pinyin and the text you type is translated into hanzi by the computer. To enable it you can follow this guide: http://www.ehow.com/how_4491471_type-in-chinese.html

Pinyin's a romanization system used to transliterate chinese using the western alphabet, e.g. 'ni hao ma'.
Miser
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Re: looking for script changer for chinese alphabet

Postby pass86 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:33 am

KAVATAR wrote:Hi,

im looking for a tool that makes me able to read / write the chinese alphabet. Preferably a non permanent tool. I mean i would be able to swith from latin to chinese alphabet and vice versa.
Would be nice being able to comunicate some basic words with the chinese players. :geek:

Ty !

I am chinese. :D
pass86

Return to Client Development