[Share]Fornway Mountains (South) v1.0

Made any new maps? or just want to download them.

[Share]Fornway Mountains (South) v1.0

Postby Slayerr » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:15 am

Ok basically i'm about ready to release my first map. It's called Fornway Mountains, and as noted in the title this particular map is the south. My future map will be fornway north - but should hopefully implement a higher variation of new tiles (to keep it from looking the same as the south). The map was originally 300x300, but i downed it to 250x250, as it wudn't run on 300 for some reason...

UPDATE
Ok the map is sorted now, I have ironed out as many bugs as possible, but if you do happen to find any more let me know. http://www.mediafire.com/?z5jbzyyk2yu

Fornway Camp

Fornway Cave

Now, it doesn't look like much atm, as basically what i've done so far is get the basic landscape done and get some fauna and ground detail about. I have done all the move points and need them testing.

The problem is i ain't 100% sure how i can test it on my own server. I have got 7 files: .hif .hpf .imf .lsd .tmn .tsd and .mod - but i'm not sure what is supposed to go into the actual server files map folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as the sooner i can get on the map - the sooner i will release!
Last edited by Slayerr on Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Soma Maps
Fornway Mountains (South) v2.0 - IN PROGRESS
http://www.somadev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3385
Slayerr
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Re: Fornway Mountains (South) v1.0

Postby Annihalater » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:28 am

Good Work!
:O
Annihalater
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby Tiffany » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:14 am

Slayerr wrote:The problem is i ain't 100% sure how i can test it on my own server. I have got 7 files: .hif .hpf .imf .lsd .tmn .tsd and .mod - but i'm not sure what is supposed to go into the actual server files map folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as the sooner i can get on the map - the sooner i will release!

Choose a map number to replace and renumber (nn) / Put all those files in your client as C:\soma\map\Msetnn.hif / hpf / imf / lsd /tmn / tsd / mod. Then copy the .hif / hpf / imf and rename them QVMapEnn.hif/hpf/imf and place them three in the "Serverpath"/oneperone/map folder. {nn being the map number chosen at the beginning}

NB: any new objects would also need to be converted to .obm and placed in the Client bmp folder. However, I assume you are just placing existig objects. Also, you do not have a minimap dialog (Cntrl-M) which is a smaller bmp of the map with an overlay (to make it slightly see-through) converted into an obm and placed in the Dlg folder as Mapviewnn.obm

This could have easily be found by clicking the respective folders and following the patterns of the other maps.
Tiffany
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby Slayerr » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:34 pm

Ok I have done what you've said, and tried replacing both the farm, and the hwan castle room (mset20), and for some reason, even after replacing all the files with my own - it still loads the actual previous maps. I can't think were it's actually loading these from - when my maps the one that is in place....
Soma Maps
Slayerr
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby Tiffany » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:34 pm

Slayerr wrote:Ok I have done what you've said, and tried replacing both the farm, and the hwan castle room (mset20), and for some reason, even after replacing all the files with my own - it still loads the actual previous maps. I can't think were it's actually loading these from - when my maps the one that is in place....

Do you have more than 1 client folder and/or did you put them in the right place? Also, I presume to restarted the 1p1?
Tiffany
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby Slayerr » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:37 pm

Tiffany wrote:
Slayerr wrote:Ok I have done what you've said, and tried replacing both the farm, and the hwan castle room (mset20), and for some reason, even after replacing all the files with my own - it still loads the actual previous maps. I can't think were it's actually loading these from - when my maps the one that is in place....

Do you have more than 1 client folder and/or did you put them in the right place? Also, I presume to restarted the 1p1?

I have just ne client folder, yes they are in the right place, and yes i did restart the 1p1 ¬¬
Soma Maps
Slayerr
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby Tiffany » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:04 pm

Slayerr wrote:
Tiffany wrote:

I have just ne client folder, yes they are in the right place, and yes i did restart the 1p1 ¬¬

did you rename as suggested? Msetnn.* is client and QvMapEnn.* is the server. It's only a file replace activity, not very hard tbh.
Tiffany
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby Slayerr » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:46 pm

Tiffany wrote:I have just ne client folder, yes they are in the right place, and yes i did restart the 1p1 ¬¬

did you rename as suggested? Msetnn.* is client and QvMapEnn.* is the server. It's only a file replace activity, not very hard tbh.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly....

I'll look into it after new years day, cos ive just messed my client up completely trying to do something.
Soma Maps
Slayerr
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby kriss » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:30 pm

You keep amazing me . Very very nice guys!
kriss
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby Slayerr » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:12 pm

Ok good news is the maps working in game fine now after decreasing the size by 50 (dont ask me why). Bad news is, lowering the map size slightly seems to have completely reset my movement options. So i will not be releasing the map till this is fixed - took around 3-4 hours last time.

Until then here are a few screenies of the map in game. You might also notice that i still need to add the light areas to the torches etc - I shall also get that done. But for now, it's new years eve tomorrow - and i got some serious drinking to do :D. Happy New Year guys xD

Images should be alright now, used photobucket instead. :)
Soma Maps
Slayerr
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Next

Return to Map Releases