[Release] Auto Updater

Miscellaneous tools for your Soma Server

Re: [Release] Auto Updater

Postby wardog » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:31 am

rizzla wrote:
Ryke wrote:I will create a tool when I get some time to myself that will allow you to fast edit the OnePerOne and the client :)

any infomation on this yet m8?

I came across this yesterday and was thinking the same thing :P
Redemption Server Owner/GM
wardog
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby Remix » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:28 pm

i like this very handy as for auto changing the enc is prity much pointless as could just make a counter program read from the enc offsets witch would auto update any bot esyer than codeing the auto changer;p
Remix
SD Five Star
SD Five Star

Postby w1ls0n » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:25 pm

Quick question about this...

Say i updated a DLG file or something, if the person didn't like the way it was could they still edit theirs? i know you can for monsters etc as you can on ramy's server just on about the main interface an stuff.
w1ls0n
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby waily » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:36 am

thanks,very good work

Ramy wrote:Hello I've made this auto updater for soma, though it could be used for other things.

The server's address and client launcher are all editable in ini, and it will check for updates and update-> launch game immediately after opening the programme, the edit boxes are there for when there's errors to retry/change url etc.

you should not need to edit the save file as box at all.

How it works:

The updater downloads the ini file from your update server (url is set in client's ver.ini), string compassion the two versions. (see ini files for more info about this ) If the client version is less than the server version it loads the url (from your server's version.ini file) then looks for a file in that directory named vers(clientversion)TO(serverversion).rar.

For example if your client version is 1.0.3b and your server version is 1.0.3c it will look for the file vers1.0.3bTO1.0.3c.rar

The address on the server version.ini needs to be a direct link to the folder where your .rar files are stored so no html urls like rapidshare's redirects.

After the file is downloaded it will unrar the contents in the current directory of updater.exe, idealy this would be the same directory as your soma.exe. The file structure of the rar's should be something like:

soma.exe
ver.ini (the new ver.ini for the client with the updated version)
/DItem/item1.obm
/Armature/A000100.spl

and so on, when the rar file is unrared in the base folder it would over write the old files thus "patching it".

If the client is up-to-date it will run the game, if the client version is greater than server version it will standby and wait for a new url to check.

The reason for seperate update rars for each version to version is so the client downloads the absolute minimum, though making these rars might be a pain.. there'll be a php script made to rar them from database on demand of the updater client. For now do them manually or even have them be inclusive of all patches.

Attached is the files needed, everything you need to put int he client is in that folder, and the server has an example rar file to download and update from version 1 to 2.

mirror: ftp://soma@shinra-co.net/updater.rar
waily
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby waily » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:59 am

some people can not run this programe ,i dont know why...

Ramy wrote:Hello I've made this auto updater for soma, though it could be used for other things.

The server's address and client launcher are all editable in ini, and it will check for updates and update-> launch game immediately after opening the programme, the edit boxes are there for when there's errors to retry/change url etc.

you should not need to edit the save file as box at all.

How it works:

The updater downloads the ini file from your update server (url is set in client's ver.ini), string compassion the two versions. (see ini files for more info about this ) If the client version is less than the server version it loads the url (from your server's version.ini file) then looks for a file in that directory named vers(clientversion)TO(serverversion).rar.

For example if your client version is 1.0.3b and your server version is 1.0.3c it will look for the file vers1.0.3bTO1.0.3c.rar

The address on the server version.ini needs to be a direct link to the folder where your .rar files are stored so no html urls like rapidshare's redirects.

After the file is downloaded it will unrar the contents in the current directory of updater.exe, idealy this would be the same directory as your soma.exe. The file structure of the rar's should be something like:

soma.exe
ver.ini (the new ver.ini for the client with the updated version)
/DItem/item1.obm
/Armature/A000100.spl

and so on, when the rar file is unrared in the base folder it would over write the old files thus "patching it".

If the client is up-to-date it will run the game, if the client version is greater than server version it will standby and wait for a new url to check.

The reason for seperate update rars for each version to version is so the client downloads the absolute minimum, though making these rars might be a pain.. there'll be a php script made to rar them from database on demand of the updater client. For now do them manually or even have them be inclusive of all patches.

Attached is the files needed, everything you need to put int he client is in that folder, and the server has an example rar file to download and update from version 1 to 2.

mirror: ftp://soma@shinra-co.net/updater.rar
waily
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby Ramy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:18 am

Missing MFC or I.E. this is a legacy vc++6 so it -should- work with out any nonesense like .net etc. Please define "not run" error(s).
Ramy
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby waily » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:30 am

Ramy wrote:Missing MFC or I.E. this is a legacy vc++6 so it -should- work with out any nonesense like .net etc. Please define "not run" error(s).

the reference message is chinese...translate to English ,it like such:because of some configuration is uncorrect..so this programe can not be run...
waily
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby w1ls0n » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Remix wrote:i like this very handy as for auto changing the enc is prity much pointless as could just make a counter program read from the enc offsets witch would auto update any bot esyer than codeing the auto changer;p

instead of someone doing a auto enc updater wouldn't it be safer for someone to make a updater that will auto download the clients each time? say i change the enc codes every few days and the auto updater downloads the new clients straight away?
w1ls0n
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Previous

Return to Useful Tools