[Release] ShopTool v3

Miscellaneous tools for your Soma Server

Re: [Release] ShopTool v3

Postby Discovery » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:46 pm

Not sure if anyone else has come across the same issue as I'm having with the Remix Shop Tool.

It seems that it will access the database perfectly fine, open up the shops etc and allow me to make edits however when I attempt to save any edits I get the following error:

There is already an open DataReader associated with this Command which must be closed first.

I've a feeling its related to .net not allowing more than one connection and the shop tool having a connection open and then opening a 2nd connection to edit the data.

Does anyone have a fix for this?
Discovery
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Postby Discovery » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:11 pm

Anyone else who has this issue.

Either close down all Soma related services OR create a new user in SQL, this will allow use even if there is a server set running.
Discovery
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Postby Remix » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:03 am

noticed this post and if its still needed will try find some time over the weeknd to work out y u get that problem
Remix
SD Five Star
SD Five Star

Postby rhyse » Sun May 19, 2013 8:04 pm

could really do with it sorting <3
rhyse
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby smash » Sun May 19, 2013 10:29 pm

create a 2nd user and password and odbc just for the shoptool to use and it works fine =]
smash
SD Five Star
SD Five Star

Postby Toshiki » Thu May 23, 2013 8:45 am

Any one able to give me a hand with this tool getting a huge error will prob need tv to have a look thanx
Toshiki
SD One Star
SD One Star

Postby roachee » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:08 am

Toshiki wrote:Any one able to give me a hand with this tool getting a huge error will prob need tv to have a look thanx

post a screen cap of the error or tell us what the error is and we might be able to help
[url=http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1304533051[url]
roachee
SD Pro 1 Star
SD Pro 1 Star

Postby T0rm3nt » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:22 pm

Hi Guys,

Firstly sorry that im reviving an old post but thought it was best to tag this on here than start a new thread?

Anyway I keep hitting a 'DataReader' error when using this tool.
It loads fine and i can select a shop, i can add/delete items but when it comes to saving it shows up with this error
error.jpg

Now my knowledge is very basic and im still learning so forgive me if this is totally wrong but would it be down to the fact that when i open the tool and search,add,delete etc that is making a connection to the database, so then when i click save it is trying to use the same connection but can't?

Thanks for any help or pointers you can throw me to help solve this!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T0rm3nt

Postby phoenixgolden » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:32 pm

T0rm3nt wrote:Hi Guys,

Firstly sorry that im reviving an old post but thought it was best to tag this on here than start a new thread?

It loads fine and i can select a shop, i can add/delete items but when it comes to saving it shows up with this error
error.jpg

Now my knowledge is very basic and im still learning so forgive me if this is totally wrong but would it be down to the fact that when i open the tool and search,add,delete etc that is making a connection to the database, so then when i click save it is trying to use the same connection but can't?

im getting the same error
Phoenix.

Human @Inca SomaDev (retired)
phoenixgolden
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby nakaneo » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:30 pm

phoenixgolden wrote:
T0rm3nt wrote:Hi Guys,

error.jpg

im getting the same error

Make sure your config files are set up correctly and your ODBC.
nakaneo
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

PreviousNext

Return to Useful Tools