arcix

Advertise your soma server here!

Re: arcix

Postby MCG » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:26 am

Was just an example, could do it for many games, even Droiyan or something, could rent out dedicated servers for the users purposes in general, thinking dedicated servers for counter strike back in the day, or any other server-based multiplayers around at the moment, its a very wide market.
@Coonan
@Chasm
@Dark_Lucifer
Test server retired

New crafting based website
Still in production <- Mostly abandoned, will complete when SomaDev official launches <3
User avatar
MCG
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: arcix

Postby Raver » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:26 pm

DosSoma wrote: MGame closed years ago.


http://www.mgame.com
not same mgame then?
Last Game: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Alpha Test
Current Game: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test (Phase 1)
Image
User avatar
Raver
SD Three Star
SD Three Star
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:08 pm

Re: arcix

Postby savate » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:40 am

Raver wrote:
DosSoma wrote: MGame closed years ago.


http://www.mgame.com
not same mgame then?



GameNetwork Closed years ago but never owned the game only Mgame allowed them the rights to a europe server, they are still a company that is active and I am still sure they hold the rights to the game. They don't operate outside Korea, China and Japan much I think? could be wrong.

Savate
savate
SD Four Star
SD Four Star
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:54 am

Re: #

Postby arcanine » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:54 pm

I don't I ever cleared up the situation with this thread

I've also been getting numerous private messages about our services so I'd like to explain Arcix no longer operates

The reason for that is three fold with the events after April Fools as the catalyst, firstly to give some context, Arcix was a service set-up by me and remix over a year ago to help developers, by making it easy to get access to affordable VPS servers instead of hosting off a home PC, we sourced cheap servers which we would then modify and create Myth of Soma servers one of which we still maintain to this day (we run a development server which has been active for over a year at this point).

The reasons are because:
Arcix is being perceived as a v3 database generating machine
Arcix is being perceived as a money grab on the part of me and remix
Arcix is now censored here and has been for months now, it is clear to us our services are no longer welcome

It would be unwise to continue to been seen as trading our reputation for money, Arcix as a service was running at a loss for the majority of the time in which it ran (the only profitable times were times in which two servers were running which happened a few times) and it was particularly unprofitable given how much time was dedicated to supporting our clients.

In the time that it's been closed I've had several enquires about the v3 database, if you would like to use that database you will need to contact remix and negotiate a price like you would have had to prior to Arcix's existence.

So hopefully that clears up the situation with everyone, in a way ceasing to trade has freed up our time for other projects so personally I do not regard this as much of a set back to the work, we continue to do with the Myth of Soma
User avatar
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:53 pm

Re: #

Postby Nammu » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:30 pm

That's ridiculous and yet again shows the damage the community's attitude has had.

Who would have thought the biggest troll in soma would be at the forefront of cleaning up the mess we have created.

Let's all stop being assholes. Seriously.

Arcanine has done alot of the community and it's a shame he stopped his services because of all the negative people here.

Loved the Podcast and thought "#" server's were good. (why # btw?)

I'll give two examples of why the community attitude has to change.

1. Look at the result of Arcanines previous post. He stopped hosting.

2. Look how that new dev posted asking for a team and was just given crap about how he went about it. He decided to not bother.

3. And surely people will view this forum and be like, wow what a bunch of idiots and leave.

(ok three)

If you aren't one of these idiot's then this isn't aimed at you.

But overrall let's all make an effort in this community, all the pointless hate has to stop.

Jokes and messing about is fine, but the hateful post's, rumours and undermineing of people's reputation's has to stop.

The guy's who are responsibie for this know who they are.

I prepose we all moderate this forum ourselves. If an asshole posts shit to you, respond once, then just say ok now this is pointless. Or if you are someone not invovled just give a little message, to stop it.

People like spuddy are a lost hope though. :? :D

Also STOP POINTING OUT EVERY LITTLE MISTAKE PEOPLE MAKE ON HERE WITH SPELLING, GRAMMAR AND OTHER CHILDISH THINGS.
Last edited by Nammu on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Nammu
SD Four Star
SD Four Star
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: #

Postby arcanine » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:37 pm

arcanine wrote:I've also been getting numerous private messages about our services so I'd like to explain # no longer operates

In the time that it's been closed I've had several enquires about the v3 database, if you would like to use that database you will need to contact remix and negotiate a price like you would have had to prior to #'s existence.


I've quoted some relevant bits for you in case you missed them, regarding hosting I've already given the details of our old supplier to your partner, who already has a VPS server with our supplier so hosting for you should not be a problem, if you are talking about maintenance/support I'm afraid that's in your hands unless somebody else creates a comparable service

keep in mind # is word filtered to arc-ix if none of these posts make sense.
User avatar
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:53 pm

Re: #

Postby jasonk » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:41 pm

arcanine wrote:I don't I ever cleared up the situation with this thread

I've also been getting numerous private messages about our services so I'd like to explain # no longer operates

The reason for that is three fold with the events after April Fools as the catalyst, firstly to give some context, # was a service set-up by me and remix over a year ago to help developers, by making it easy to get access to affordable VPS servers instead of hosting off a home PC, we sourced cheap servers which we would then modify and create Myth of Soma servers one of which we still maintain to this day (we run a development server which has been active for over a year at this point).

The reasons are because:
# is being perceived as a v3 database generating machine
# is being perceived as a money grab on the part of me and remix
# is now censored here and has been for months now, it is clear to us our services are no longer welcome

It would be unwise to continue to been seen as trading our reputation for money, # as a service was running at a loss for the majority of the time in which it ran (the only profitable times were times in which two servers were running which happened a few times) and it was particularly unprofitable given how much time was dedicated to supporting our clients.

In the time that it's been closed I've had several enquires about the v3 database, if you would like to use that database you will need to contact remix and negotiate a price like you would have had to prior to #'s existence.

So hopefully that clears up the situation with everyone, in a way ceasing to trade has freed up our time for other projects so personally I do not regard this as much of a set back to the work, we continue to do with the Myth of Soma


this is unfortunatly quite sickening considering alot of people ask for your help and the time you have both put in to development of .... well everything, im ashamed at some peoples reaction to what was and has been a great hosting service, everything costs money and profit or no, you still have to give up your own time to help out (as with any job/bussines) so why not get paid for it even if its like a pound an hour lol.

i think it was a great idea since the average joe i.e me could never get a soma server up and running on my own.

im not a fan particualy of the remix server however i do apreciate all the content in it and the way its been kept balanced etc, yes i have played like 5 remix servers (3 being v1 v2 v3) but all were fun even if it was only a slight change in content however thats down to who ever the gm/developer was for each individual rent.

i commend your paitience and thank you both for the service you provided the community as well as wish you luck with what ever you decide to do from here.

like with all things the soma community once again destroys something good :x
ABreedApart
AfroSamurai
WMD,PROVIDENCE,NEUTRONBOMB

Aeries_J - ESOMA!

servers: remix(v1,v2,v3), tanelorn, somadev, omega, somaheaven, redemption, various pvp servers and tests

Nammu wrote:Most of you have a chip on your shoulder or something up your ass, usually your head.
jasonk
SD Four Star
SD Four Star
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:06 am

Re: #

Postby IncognitoMarine » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:43 pm

yea VPS is sorted wtf :S
IncognitoMarine
SD Three Star
SD Three Star
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 9:19 am

Re: #

Postby Nammu » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:46 pm

arcanine edited my post :p i didn't read your post at first.
Image Image
Nammu
SD Four Star
SD Four Star
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: #

Postby phoenixgolden » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:08 pm

Nammu wrote:That's ridiculous and yet again shows the damage the community's attitude has had.

Who would have thought the biggest troll in soma would be at the forefront of cleaning up the mess we have created.

Let's all stop being assholes. Seriously.

Arcanine has done alot of the community and it's a shame he stopped his services because of all the negative people here.

Loved the Podcast and thought "#" server's were good. (why # btw?)

I'll give two examples of why the community attitude has to change.

1. Look at the result of Arcanines previous post. He stopped hosting.

2. Look how that new dev posted asking for a team and was just given crap about how he went about it. He decided to not bother.

3. And surely people will view this forum and be like, wow what a bunch of idiots and leave.

(ok three)

If you aren't one of these idiot's then this isn't aimed at you.

But overrall let's all make an effort in this community, all the pointless hate has to stop.

Jokes and messing about is fine, but the hateful post's, rumours and undermineing of people's reputation's has to stop.

The guy's who are responsibie for this know who they are.

I prepose we all moderate this forum ourselves. If an asshole posts shit to you, respond once, then just say ok now this is pointless. Or if you are someone not invovled just give a little message, to stop it.

People like spuddy are a lost hope though. :? :D

Also STOP POINTING OUT EVERY LITTLE MISTAKE PEOPLE MAKE ON HERE WITH SPELLING, GRAMMAR AND OTHER CHILDISH THINGS.



ok right i realiy like this post becos i can't spell porperly my self as u all know lmao but thanks for pointing that out lust and good idea ;p
Phoenix.

Image

Human @Inca SomaDev (retired)
phoenixgolden
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star
 
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:24 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Server Advertisements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

cron