Soma Character

Discussion for model development.

Re: Soma Character

Postby Naruto » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:51 am

Very nice dude :) I dunno if you've heard of it or not, but whilst I was doing it at uni they started to encourage us to use a program called ZBrush. Very handy for dealing with small details and what not if you cba with normals mapping. Exchanges between max and zbrush are smooth aswell.

Yeah I have been thinking of using Zbrush and I might once I finish with the Orc since that might require a bit more detail in the face were the female is kind of smooth but saying that the amount of stuff and information that I've had to learn just to design just the female character alone with textures, modelling, advance bipids, hair etc I just don't think I can take any more ha + I'm using a laptop at the moment and I don't think it can take anymore I've already had to take 15,000 polygon out of the model just so it can run at normal speed ha
Naruto
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby Aril » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:28 am

I hated working with 3DS max, it is one of the experiences I have happily repressed; all i remember of using the software now (5 years on) is frantically shouting "Flip the normals! No, no! Invert the core!". Maya was a little better..

The models do look really nice, anatomically correct too (did you create an underlying muscle structure?) which will help if you ever do decide to output for bipedal movement.
Aril
SD One Star
SD One Star

Postby Naruto » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:59 pm

The models do look really nice, anatomically correct too (did you create an underlying muscle structure?) which will help if you ever do decide to output for bipedal movement.

Not 100% sure what the underlying muscle structure is so probably not ha this a Maya thing? or can you get it for 3ds max too?

I've created controls for the bipid so it allows me to move the bipid easier if that simular to what your talking about?

I did start using maya but since I already knew 3ds max I was getting confused with a lot of the short keys etc (thinking I was still using max) so I gave up and just stuck with max ha.
Naruto
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Previous

Return to Model Development