Map Making Guide Carry on from arcanine's

Discussion for map development.

Map Making Guide Carry on from arcanine's

Postby w1ls0n » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:22 pm

OK Ive seen it around the forums for awhile now asking for a full map guide so ill just try fill in the basics that you can make a complete map with.

This is a carry on from arcanine guide from step 4 and onwards.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3225

(Ill add pictures as-well to help you understand)

Step 4 - Houses. once you have placed a house down from objects (step 3 on how to place objects)
you then need to open the dialog box and select "house edit" which will be under "no edit" "move edit"
Click the places in which you want the inside of the house to be so lets mark the areas in which you want the inside of the house to be.(They need to be inside of the house or you'll have random spots where people will appear to go inside the house when they actually don't) once you have marked your spots you need to select a number lets just make this number 1
Example 1 http://tinypic.com/r/2relhg1/6 < is what it should kind of look like
Thats it houses are done. Not all buildings have insides.

Step 5 - Move editing. go back onto the dialog menu and select "move edit" Lets carry on from our house. We don't want people to be able to run threw the house so we need to edit the move zones "M" = moveable and a blank square will mean you cant move on that spot. Remove all of the "M's" around the outside of the house (not all of the M's just the ones where you don't want people to be able to walk (example you don't want people to be able to walk onto the house so just remove the ones from the side but leaving the one at the door way so people can still walk in)
Example 2. http://tinypic.com/r/sxyphj/6 this stops people being able to run threw the house but still allowing them to enter the house

Step 6- Event editing. Right im not to sure on this bit so ill edit it in time, All i know is if you would like to make an arena you select the "Event Edit" and select your space in which you would like the arena to be in when it asks for a number type in "107" this will allow people to fight without having a guard kill them, its just like merc if you hit someone outside of the arena a guard will still kill you.

Step 7-Saving your map. to save your map you need to name them all the same if you name your map mset101 you need to name them all mset101, First open dialog and press save as on the "TILE SET OPTIONS" type in your msetxxx number and press OK still on the dialog press save on the "TILE MAP OPTIONS" type in the SAME name as before and press OK. now open "TILE MAP OBJECT" Press save as and type in the same name again and press ok.
Last but not least open the "House Info" box and press save as and type in the same name once again(Even if you haven't added any houses or edited any you still NEED to do this.

Step 8 - Adding your map to your server.
If you have only edited tyt or a original map all you need to do is go into your 1p1 folder and open map, RAR up the Old version, copy your new map onto desktop and rename them to what you see in the previous ones i think its something like QvMapExx (you may need to fix npc spawns if you have edited too much as you'll probably get a monsterset no move error
If your map is totally new then you will need to copy and rename the files to QvMapExx (You must keep the original new files for yours and others soma folder. put the new files into the oneperone/map and open sql find serverinfo scroll across until you see a -1 and add the number off your map (these are the last digits off your map, so if your map says mset101 then you will place 101 into the empty -1 slot

If i have missed anything or you still have no idea(cant under stand it :P) please let me know

I replaced set 8 tips and tricks with adding your map
w1ls0n
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Re: Map Making Guide Carry on from arcanine's

Postby phoenixgolden » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Well Done Wilson nice One Helps Alot ^_^ :D
Phoenix.

Human @Inca SomaDev (retired)
phoenixgolden
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby brewmug » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:46 pm

phoenixgolden wrote:Well Done Wilson nice One Helps Alot ^_^ :D

What?
brewmug
SD One Star
SD One Star

Postby w1ls0n » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:30 am

brewmug wrote:

What?

what? seriously are you thick?
w1ls0n
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby phoenixgolden » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:45 pm

w1ls0n wrote:
brewmug wrote:

What?

what? seriously are you thick?

sorry too post so u understand little bit more mate, this asshole been posting all utter shit on forum's but he can't take it when i give it back im spam season lol
Phoenix.

Human @Inca SomaDev (retired)
phoenixgolden
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby kazakh » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:41 pm

Can anyone be clearer about saving the map to be available on the server and ingame?

I've trying to add the merc arena to tYT.

I've added the tilest and placed the arena. However after saving the maps and logging in, i can't see the merc tileset. I also do not understand the copying and saving to oneperone/map folder as there are no tileset files in there.
kazakh
SD Five Star
SD Five Star

Postby w1ls0n » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:31 am

kazakh wrote:Can anyone be clearer about saving the map to be available on the server and ingame?

I've added the tilest and placed the arena. However after saving the maps and logging in, i can't see the merctile set. I also do not understand the copying and saving to oneperone/map folder as there are no tileset files in there.

If all you have done is edited tyt just simply save the file into your soma folder, make a copy and move it some where easy accessible like desktop, go into oneperone/map folder and find the "QVMAPE1.xxx" files, i think there's like 3.

Rename the files on your desktop to match the "QVMAPE1.xxx" files (so find the ".hif" and add "QVMAPE1.hif") and so on for the 3 files.

They should be ".hif" ".hpf" and ".imf"

You won't see map's you have edited unless there placed in "oneperone/maps folder.

Hope this helps.
w1ls0n
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby kazakh » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:23 pm

w1ls0n wrote:
kazakh wrote:Can anyone be clearer about saving the map to be available on the server and ingame?

I've added the tilest and placed the arena. However after saving the maps and logging in, i can't see the merctile set. I also do not understand the copying and saving to oneperone/map folder as there are no tileset files in there.

If all you have done is edited tyt just simply save the file into your soma folder, make a copy and move it some where easy accessible like desktop, go into oneperone/map folder and find the "QVMAPE1.xxx" files, i think there's like 3.

Rename the files on your desktop to match the "QVMAPE1.xxx" files (so find the ".hif" and add "QVMAPE1.hif") and so on for the 3 files.

They should be ".hif" ".hpf" and ".imf"

You won't see map's you have edited unless there placed in "oneperone/maps folder.

Hope this helps.

Thanks w1lson but im still confused.

I'm editing TYT, but you say save "the file"? What file? There are about 5-6 different files to save.

Shouldn't i be copying the files from my map which have the same file extensions as those in oneperone/map and then renaming them to the files in the oneperone/map and replacing them?

Sorry if this is what you meant, the wording doesn't really say that!

My map file in the editor uses some of merc tileset, it works in the editor but not in the TYT map. I think this is the problem.

Do you know how to combine the tilesets?
kazakh
SD Five Star
SD Five Star

Postby kazakh » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:50 pm

I see no window to load/save hif and imf files. How do ic reate them
kazakh
SD Five Star
SD Five Star

Postby w1ls0n » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:01 pm

There are only 4 things you need to save, they will automatically create the other 2. just save the house options, tile map options and the other 2.

Also i dont think its possible to mix and max tile sets from different zones.
w1ls0n
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Next

Return to Map Development