Minimap/Party Addition

A place where the developers will submit any work done to the somadev server or client.

Re: Minimap/Party Addition

Postby Archaon » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:22 pm

Icarus wrote:charisma is already extremely useful, hp and weight bonus.

but useless on a private server....i cant think of how many times ive gotten to 30-35 charisma right when a server starts. think, "alright, time to start leveling" and then server gets taken down....

where is a firing squad when u need one...
SQL 2005 is like a women. You tell it to do something, it whines at you for 2 hours then does something completly different.
Archaon
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby Rocket » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:01 am

Ye but how many people read that post and didn't even notice the mistake lol.
Rocket
SD One Star
SD One Star

Postby Archaon » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:44 pm

my first thought was actually "am i being really stupid and have missed something?"

followed by...

no.
SQL 2005 is like a women. You tell it to do something, it whines at you for 2 hours then does something completly different.
Archaon
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby KimboSlice » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:14 pm

Archaon wrote:my first thought was actually "am i being really stupid and have missed something?"

followed by...

no.

Mine was: "Since when was char used for that?" "I think he means con...". I wasn't going to say anything incase I missed something...lol
KimboSlice
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby Archaon » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:57 pm

KimboSlice wrote:
Archaon wrote:my first thought was actually "am i being really stupid and have missed something?"

followed by...

no.

Mine was: "Since when was char used for that?" "I think he means con...". I wasn't going to say anything incase I missed something...lol

likewise lol :D
Archaon
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby Icarus » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:53 am

Icarus wrote:charisma is already extremely useful, hp and weight bonus.

but useless on a private server....i cant think of how many times ive gotten to 30-35 charisma right when a server starts. think, "alright, time to start leveling" and then server gets taken down....

Real tearz.
Icarus
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby SiD » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:04 pm

Corrupt wrote:I haven't ran around D3 for at least a year yet I can still visualise the route in my head, so that indeed is a disgraceful mistake.

I had a brief thought today about soma as I threw my jacket down ontop of my lifeless pc... Being, "If I did play soma again, I don't think I'd have a clue how to play it after all this time." then a second later I realised I was thinking utter shite and I could fall into a coma with full memory loss and still jump on soma and know exactly what I was doing.

I strongly belive is I was to never play soma again, on my 80th birthday I could still list the stats of and the required stats/skills for every spell/skill/weapon/item/upgrade/accessory in game.... Not that I have this elite memory but because ive done it so many fuckin times! xD
Mudkipz wrote:Oi you are you gonna bang doe,
you got shot but are you Jill Dandoe
work in greggs but are you gonna bake doe
got nine kills but are you gonna paveloe

Thought i'd contribute to the faggotry
SiD
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby Djayzere » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:19 pm

I was wondering what the refresh rate is on this?
Can you see the moving as you can when you view your own map or will it be a jumpy dot across your map when they move.
Djayzere
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby gallim » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:27 pm

Djayzere wrote:I was wondering what the refresh rate is on this?
Can you see the moving as you can when you view your own map or will it be a jumpy dot across your map when they move.

It will be instant as Sylver noted the client/server saves data continuously :)

The rows would be updated therefore the position of the characters would be updated

I assume. :P
gallim
SD Five Star
SD Five Star

Postby Icarus » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:24 am

SiD wrote:
Corrupt wrote:I haven't ran around D3 for at least a year yet I can still visualise the route in my head, so that indeed is a disgraceful mistake.

I had a brief thought today about soma as I threw my jacket down ontop of my lifeless pc... Being, "If I did play soma again, I don't think I'd have a clue how to play it after all this time." then a second later I realised I was thinking utter shite and I could fall into a coma with full memory loss and still jump on soma and know exactly what I was doing.

I strongly belive is I was to never play soma again, on my 80th birthday I could still list the stats of and the required stats/skills for every spell/skill/weapon/item/upgrade/accessory in game.... Not that I have this elite memory but because ive done it so many fuckin times! xD

I'll tell you the stat requirement of every weapon/armor, where you need to level at what stats, then tell you that you need a DB to upgrade white magic to lvl 3 >.>
Real tearz.
Icarus
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

PreviousNext

Return to Development blog