New Website Progress

A place where the developers will submit any work done to the somadev server or client.

Re: New Website Progress

Postby iSylver » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:13 am

Time now shows on player feed when hovering :)

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby iSylver » Sun May 01, 2011 8:04 am

Altered the site to remember last page viewed this way when you login/logout it keeps the page you are on. Also very useful for guild chat.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby akemi » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:51 am

Well done on the website again, it looks better every time you update it but I had an idea. The Armory is really good and very helpful but in an effort to help new players and even those which are used to playing Soma why not give it some improvements. I noticed that the 4 boxes beneath the search bar are "coming soon" but would it possible to use them to display specific monster types. EG
Strength: Under this there would be somewhat of a leveling guide and/or list of monsters from weakest to strongest.
Intelligence: Same Applies.
Dexterity: Same Applies.
Even though this is still a test server I have bought some friends in to play but they have no idea what to hunt, even now the stronger I am getting I don't know what or where the new monsters are. I can appreciate this is very much a social game but for those who just want to come online and hunt they don't know where things are. I just personally think it should be on the website.

Another way of improving the Armory is adding the ability to search more specifically, EG.
Type of monster are you searching for? Int
Level? 50 (this would automatically be inputted by dragging the "pinned" Character on your login"
Str? ""
Int? ""
dex? ""
etc? ""
Then essentially it would search for a monster most suited to your stats. This would help sooo many players I think; and if it is all about bringing new players in and even the old esoma ones then this is a great way to help them.

Either way I'm sure Sylver knows what I am on about and I am not trying to discredit the website nor him as I think you have done a great job. I'm just looking at how it could be pushed forward, thats all. Plus I have no idea what to hunt anymore, been ages since I have played soma.

Cheers for your time
akemi
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Postby SiD » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:02 pm

akemi wrote:Well done on the website again, it looks better every time you update it but I had an idea. The Armory is really good and very helpful but in an effort to help new players and even those which are used to playing Soma why not give it some improvements. I noticed that the 4 boxes beneath the search bar are "coming soon" but would it possible to use them to display specific monster types. EG
Strength: Under this there would be somewhat of a leveling guide and/or list of monsters from weakest to strongest.
Intelligence: Same Applies.
Dexterity: Same Applies.
Even though this is still a test server I have bought some friends in to play but they have no idea what to hunt, even now the stronger I am getting I don't know what or where the new monsters are. I can appreciate this is very much a social game but for those who just want to come online and hunt they don't know where things are. I just personally think it should be on the website.

Another way of improving the Armory is adding the ability to search more specifically, EG.
Type of monster are you searching for? Int
Level? 50 (this would automatically be inputted by dragging the "pinned" Character on your login"
Str? ""
Int? ""
dex? ""
etc? ""
Then essentially it would search for a monster most suited to your stats. This would help sooo many players I think; and if it is all about bringing new players in and even the old esoma ones then this is a great way to help them.

Either way I'm sure Sylver knows what I am on about and I am not trying to discredit the website nor him as I think you have done a great job. I'm just looking at how it could be pushed forward, thats all. Plus I have no idea what to hunt anymore, been ages since I have played soma.

Cheers for your time

If you log into the website and search a monster, it shows how it's stats compare to yours. Altho for this you need to know what mob your looking for, but if your curious about a monster its good for showing you how you stack up against it.
Mudkipz wrote:Oi you are you gonna bang doe,
you got shot but are you Jill Dandoe
work in greggs but are you gonna bake doe
got nine kills but are you gonna paveloe

Thought i'd contribute to the faggotry
SiD
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby akemi » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:09 am

Yeah I get what your saying, like it is good to see how you stack up against a mob but all the same I think there should be a leveling guide of sorts on the site but even like i said; breaking down the search engine to be more precise and "more about you(the player)" would be wise :)
akemi
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Postby iSylver » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:04 am

akemi wrote:Yeah I get what your saying, like it is good to see how you stack up against a mob but all the same I think there should be a leveling guide of sorts on the site but even like i said; breaking down the search engine to be more precise and "more about you(the player)" would be wise :)

Hmm it is possible to an extent although the searches might be a bit off due to bosses etc. Il see what I can come up with and create a "recommended for you" section possibly :p.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby roachee » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:10 am

i kinda know what he means well just me thinking anyway this is my opinions

1) kinda like a search engine where you put your str/dex and it comes up with what mob/boss you can hunt

2) maybe like a new and improved leveling guide for somadev so it goes past 100 str for noobs obv
[url=http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1304533051[url]
roachee
SD Pro 1 Star
SD Pro 1 Star

Postby Corrupt » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:41 am

What's the point of "playing" Soma if you are given an in depth break down of what you should hunt and when you should hunt it?
Corrupt
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby arcanine » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:43 am

Corrupt wrote:What's the point of "playing" Soma if you are given an in depth break down of what you should hunt and when you should hunt it?

helps people to not feeling inadequate I suppose
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby roachee » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:44 am

lol i wouldnt no m8 but like i said thats just my opinion of what i thought he ment
[url=http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1304533051[url]
roachee
SD Pro 1 Star
SD Pro 1 Star

PreviousNext

Return to Development blog