New Website Progress

A place where the developers will submit any work done to the somadev server or client.

Re: New Website Progress

Postby Corrupt » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Is the Great Devil`s Guard meant to be in the player feed boss kill? As if it is it doesn't work.
Corrupt
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby iSylver » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:52 pm

Only certain bosses are triggering that at the moment, They will be added to all bosses in the future.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby Razac1983 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:35 pm

Look's good so far. :)
Razac1983

Postby RauBan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:17 pm

iSylver wrote:
Zao wrote:Brilliant mate, really impressed. Cant wait for the full thing to be launched. Just wondering what's the plan for the 'model' box right of Player feed?

My good friend Rauban is developing a bit of kit that will render the characters current equipment/gender/race etc into the box sort of a WoW or Aion style thing but not as impressive.

First fully automated render just rolled out, only input is the char name. it'll probably take another week to do all //TODOs for error checking and stability but then it should be all set, Enjoy =)

Image Image
RauBan
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby robot123 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:10 pm

looking good
Sheffielder
robot123
SD Pro 3 Star
SD Pro 3 Star

Postby arcanine » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:22 pm

RauBan wrote:First fully automated render just rolled out, only input is the char name. it'll probably take another week to do all //TODOs for error checking and stability but then it should be all set, Enjoy =)

Image Image

That's impressive stuff, so many good applications for a java based character viewer, I'm not familiar with the different types of spl files but could it be used to view monsters/weapons too? That would be helpful for a monster database on the website with interesting little bios on them

Has anyone considered looking into making a facebook application using this? Imagine seeing your character on your facebook with some basic stats on your character and maybe the last thing you said using the status update feature, could potentially draw a lot of traffic to the somadev armoury, and allow people in game to send messages to facebook if they have the myth of soma facebook application

We have a pretty dedicated fan base so I imagine a lot of people would use it to display their in game character if it looked cool enough
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby Hadouken » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:55 pm

arcanine wrote:
RauBan wrote:First fully automated render just rolled out, only input is the char name. it'll probably take another week to do all //TODOs for error checking and stability but then it should be all set, Enjoy =)

Image Image

That's impressive stuff, so many good applications for a java based character viewer, I'm not familiar with the different types of spl files but could it be used to view monsters/weapons too? That would be helpful for a monster database on the website with interesting little bios on them

Has anyone considered looking into making a facebook application using this? Imagine seeing your character on your facebook with some basic stats on your character and maybe the last thing you said using the status update feature, could potentially draw a lot of traffic to the somadev armoury, and allow people in game to send messages to facebook if they have the myth of soma facebook application

We have a pretty dedicated fan base so I imagine a lot of people would use it to display their in game character if it looked cool enough

I concur, FB is a huge platform. Free advertising ftw
インタネットの訳者を使う人はバカだよ。
Hadouken
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Postby iSylver » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:40 pm

Armory Search v1.0 is now up and running

http://www.myth-of-soma.com/Armory/Default.asp

There is still more tweaks and data to add but have a play.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby iSylver » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:30 am

Updated with item and monster images.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby arcanine » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:29 pm

that's quite cool, I assume this is going to integrate with the profiles? In some way? So you could mouse over their player model and it would display that sort of information for their weapons and armour?
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

PreviousNext

Return to Development blog