Generic interface box

A place where the developers will submit any work done to the somadev server or client.

Re: Generic interface box

Postby savate » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:21 pm

Its a good start, I think it looks too fresh though its abit shiny, if you could take the glossy effect off it it would look good also, why not make it much smaller? that window can be made much smaller as chunky windows look out old and tacky just my 2 cents really, going in the right direction just hopefully not the end product :P

Savate
savate
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby iZao » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:04 am

I like it.
10 dex is 2IQ
iZao
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Postby SiD » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:45 pm

iZao wrote:I like it.

Got that dex yet Sunny m8?

That guy beside you is still pking me... Sunny he's grey! SUNNY Fudgesticking 4TH HIM!!!

Naw m8, need this 0.3 dex...

Vagina!
Mudkipz wrote:Oi you are you gonna bang doe,
you got shot but are you Jill Dandoe
work in greggs but are you gonna bake doe
got nine kills but are you gonna paveloe

Thought i'd contribute to the faggotry
SiD
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby MCG » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:08 pm

I really like the changed windows, but dont go TOO differently, stick with similar themes to soma, but just the Somadev interpretation of them.
@Coonan
@Chasm
@Dark_Lucifer
Test server retired

New crafting based website
Still in production <- Mostly abandoned, will complete when SomaDev official launches <3
MCG
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby ponta » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:16 pm

I like it.
In game nick; Poppolov / Nix
ponta
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Postby gallim » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:31 pm

arcanine wrote:
iSylver wrote:Hey guys just a quick one,

Essentially me and fin were discussing the option of having a generic interface which would make it easier for us to control etc. As seen in most games heres an attached mockup let me know your thoughts.
generic-interface-screen.jpg

Essentially it would make it easier to show data and if scalable it would make the game a little more "new".

Would it not be easier to add tabs to the questscr.lib instead? If you go ahead with this version you have to keep consistency so you'd have to do it to every dialog in the game, adding this squared off style, with a darker texture, and drop light effect I can see it being a lot more work then sticking with the current UI conventions, done a rough mock up below, with this version you wouldn't have to redesign everything.

I haven't photoshopped in the quest information or selection but the buttons would filter the quests, and when you select one the image related to the quest is loaded, in this example you get the quest in the house at the top of the map to remind you who gave you the quest (since the npc names are difficult to remember but a image is instantly recognisable)

Of course I'm bias though because in the future I'd like to see the client released for other developers so I'd like to see it as generic and faithful to the art style as possible whilst still offering new features.

I like this generic box. Is there any way it can be added for the duel feature? As its easy to miss.

Plus with this box for duels duels can be automatically accepted/declined.
gallim
SD Five Star
SD Five Star

Postby Stormy » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:12 pm

The window doesn't look nice at all.

The original soma window is alot nicer it has it's own unique style, but it is old looking.

Why not make a new looking style, rather than a basic box shape?

If you are going along with a box shape, it needs more refineing.

it looks 70% finished from my point of view.

of course the change of colour idea is excellent!

So a mixture of arcaine and isylver and finito's ideas would work better.
Who is building the daddy long legs?
Stormy
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby arantis » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:02 am

I think people would prefer the original, but I also know that you need a new box to allow you to edit things in the way you want so in my opinion it is the right thing to do. Just come up with some decent skins for it.
arantis
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Previous

Return to Development blog