Content Database Changes

A place where the developers will submit any work done to the somadev server or client.

Re: Content Database Changes

Postby robot123 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Rumz wrote:Here's a suggestion,

Why don't you make it possible to obtain both hero, mage and warrior?

regardless of what you do to mage hero, warrior hero will be the first thing that will be picked.

On Esoma mage hero was ok, as server rate was at 0 and some people went down the path of mage, now in the pirate ways people will go down the perfect charater way, the warrior mage.

Suggestion would be

Make Hero mage, same defence as normal hero with the Int type boost, i.e

Hero Top + 6 int
Hero Pads + 10-10MD
Hero Helm + 7 MA
Hero Boots + Eva???

What this would do would help people against boss that uses magic(thus giving more boss mobs magic attacks) tho it could also work in PvP, those who posse greater str but have lower int, would favour this set in a PvP situtation as the might need the 10-10MD and the 6Int, without dropping the defence of normal Hero.

Another suggestion, tho buffing up hero instead of making the current hero better why not make Hero V2? tho it sound overwhelming it doesn't really have to be, it could be a set to replace ivory or maybe a 130 str set or a 200str set, i.e

has reasonable defence for the stats, unlike hero 50str compared to other armour such as gold dark and shadow and bone, hero V2 would reasonable the stats + wouldn't have to be different from hero but could be somewhat the same.

Hero Helm + 6 accuracy
Hero Top + 8-8Attack
Hero Pads + 5 Dex
Hero Boots + 6-6 eva

The Hero V2 would be obtain just like normal Hero but through bosses, which mean parts could be really hard and the only real difference is that is not what map it comes from I.E,

Hero Helm - Devil Guard Essence, Elite Devil Guard Essence, EDW Essence, Mwun Essence
Hero Top - Terrasque(dunno if i splet right), Pamoth, Apus Pride Queen, Insane Pamoth.

Ect Ect Ect

Sorry ain't played proper soma in awhile so dont remember all bosses name, but here's the twitch, the essence of lower bosses such as devil guards and Terrasque will be quite rare, this would make the game have abit more of an economy, tho the hero set wouldn't be OP it would have useful stats on it.

Also some bosses are super hard and would need people near end game to defeat so this armour can stand in as a armor that would make new comers level up faster, as when people reach the stats required to beat some of the bosses they would of out grown the new hero, and would pass on the essence's to new comers of their guild??

But also obviously some essence can be obtained by events, which would make the boss more easier to kill as it would be idle in town and bassically everyone on server hitting it(this event boss could have higher chance of actually dropping the essence then the actually boss mob you find out on the field.

another idea of a way to attempt to get the essence is, Essence Gems, not like an alt gems but more of a fortune pouch which would randomly generate one essence, this pouch would also have every essence such as normal mobs and boss mobs essences, maybe everyone can obtain one from doing a quest at level 50+ but this pouch type essence could be obtain by bosses on a even lower drop rate, why i think this would work is you would have to be extremly lucky to get the essence you need, you could just end up getting some stupid rap essence.

Think i wrote to much now but aye :) there a suggestion :)

Fantacstic idea
Sheffielder
robot123
SD Pro 3 Star
SD Pro 3 Star

Postby robot123 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:54 pm

25/08/2012
    -Hero boots now have 5-5 % evasion instead of 10-10%. I agree with lowering it but it should be increased to 7%-Dragon's Pill will now upgrade armour evasion by 4% and for weapons 4% accuracy. this is a good change-Dodge aura has been changed to give 8% evasion instead of the previous 15%. I think this has been nefred to much and should be reconsidered.
Sheffielder
robot123
SD Pro 3 Star
SD Pro 3 Star

Postby MCG » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:20 pm

robot123 wrote:there should be know "pure" classes and any one that does should live with the consequences of having an unbalanced char

I second this notion. If your dex has been levelled properly (as it should be) then cast interruption shouldn't be a massive issue for a hsoma mage, because you should dodge a lot of the attacks. If you're getting hit too much, stop being a little bitch and go level ur bow/knux untill you don't get hit anymore.

Failing that, invest in a M-tag bow.
@Coonan
@Chasm
@Dark_Lucifer
Test server retired

New crafting based website
Still in production <- Mostly abandoned, will complete when SomaDev official launches <3
MCG
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Previous

Return to Development blog