Staging server changelog

A place where the developers will submit any work done to the somadev server or client.

Re: Staging server changelog

Postby Ero » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:11 am

Is that the new skin for NM set? It looks the same as wizard set :?
Ero
SD Five Star
SD Five Star

Postby ghostlord » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:35 am

Ero wrote:Is that the new skin for NM set? It looks the same as wizard set :?

It is, and it's slightly different (which was the point I think). It's more dark than wizard set, which is blue.
Leader of The_Empire
@Ghostlord - Test server Pos King
@Phawaka - Retired human

Proud board member and mod of Somadev. Play fair, be nice!
Show your love for Soma, tell your friends about it!

Somadev - Blade of Heaven - 31st of August
ghostlord
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby w1ls0n » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:14 am

I like it :) however I'm not to keen on female set top looks purple where rest looks blue :?
w1ls0n
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby iSylver » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:19 am

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby MCG » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:22 am

I'm mirin' new nightmare set, although i think it should be a changed a bit, it does look VERY similar to wizard
@Coonan
@Chasm
@Dark_Lucifer
Test server retired

New crafting based website
Still in production <- Mostly abandoned, will complete when SomaDev official launches <3
MCG
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby iSylver » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:15 am

Ingame it looks very different I'll upload a screenshot when back from work.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby Joshy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:55 pm

This may be the wrong place to post this but since its where you are advertising the changes made/to be made I thought I'd give this ago here...

Now this may have been discussed elsewhere, but I may have skimmed past it and not noticed...

Now my questions are, what are being changed regarding auras and magics?

What I mean is with basic auras (1-4) are the skins going to be alterd at all? And what minor changes to the effect they have are being put in place I.e dodge being nurfed to a lower eva percentage etc.

Also what are your future plans for 5th 6th maybe 7th aura etc... I know there are already these auras in place on certain databases, but what are you going to use and or change?

And the same with magic. What skins are going to be alterd or are you planning to keep them the same?

Is there going to be any new spells for us to look forward to discovering and new magic auras, for example the idea of a 4th aura where some kind of evasion is put in place for those uber mages that want to pvp against a lot stronger warriors.

Would be nice to have a rough idea on your plans for this dan or fin...

Any ideas on these kind of changes would be good if this has not been greatly thought out...

Also if this is in the wrong place please do let me know...
Awaiting a decent long term official server...
Joshy
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby ghostlord » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Joshy wrote:This may be the wrong place to post this but since its where you are advertising the changes made/to be made I thought I'd give this ago here...

Now this may have been discussed elsewhere, but I may have skimmed past it and not noticed...

Now my questions are, what are being changed regarding auras and magics?

What I mean is with basic auras (1-4) are the skins going to be alterd at all? And what minor changes to the effect they have are being put in place I.e dodge being nurfed to a lower eva percentage etc.

Also what are your future plans for 5th 6th maybe 7th aura etc... I know there are already these auras in place on certain databases, but what are you going to use and or change?

And the same with magic. What skins are going to be alterd or are you planning to keep them the same?

Is there going to be any new spells for us to look forward to discovering and new magic auras, for example the idea of a 4th aura where some kind of evasion is put in place for those uber mages that want to pvp against a lot stronger warriors.

Would be nice to have a rough idea on your plans for this dan or fin...

Any ideas on these kind of changes would be good if this has not been greatly thought out...

Also if this is in the wrong place please do let me know...

Levelable spells/auras have been discussed in the past.

We thought about adding 20% to auras requirments same as armors but decided not to to leave space for new ones.

So far 2 spells have been changed, the black and white aoe are now stronger than Frost Wind (as seen in the notes).

So far that's it for spells and auara's i think.

Also on a side note everyone seems to want EVA for mages. I'm against it, it doesn't add enough for them and it's simply boring. Of course the more ideas we get for these types of things the better we can pick or adapt.

I hope this answers your question. :P
Leader of The_Empire
@Ghostlord - Test server Pos King
@Phawaka - Retired human

Proud board member and mod of Somadev. Play fair, be nice!
Show your love for Soma, tell your friends about it!

Somadev - Blade of Heaven - 31st of August
ghostlord
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby Joshy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:14 pm

I agree i dont like the idea of eva for mages... How about maybe i side spell where a mage can cast an aura and for a limited time maybe just be unable to be attacked, but at the cost of slower casting or something to weaken the mage so this is not OP in the sense of never being attacked...

I haven't really thought this out and reading that back sounds awful, but something needs to be done to mages to make it fair in PvP and having said this idea maybe some one can elaborate and expand on the idea to come up with something perfect...

I mean come on everyone in Hsoma can gain int which then makes the people that want to hardcore Int a waste of time as they do not stand a chance in PvP...

The reason i actually made that post was because i myself would like to see a change (even if a minor change) to the way magic is casted even if it means a slight change in colour etc... Would be nice to see some kind of change but not to dramatic that it doesnt feel like soma anymore...
Awaiting a decent long term official server...
Joshy
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby CowKing » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:55 pm

Not sure if this is possible but could you make it so magic is interrupted by chance based on char level, somewhat similar to wotw pos gain system?
A rough example: if a level 40 was attacking a level 20 char who was trying to cast a spell, the level 40 would have a high chance to interrupt the spell casting. Say an 80% chance.
However if the level 20 was attacking the level 40 casting magic, they'd have a low chance to interrupt it, say a 20% chance.

Again unsure of the limitations of the 1p1 coding and so but it would seem like a good idea to allow people the ability to use int more in pvp.
CowKing
SD One Star
SD One Star

PreviousNext

Return to Development blog