Staging server changelog

A place where the developers will submit any work done to the somadev server or client.

Re: Staging server changelog

Postby manicmind » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Sword should be 90% str 110% dex then it can truely be a pure weapon making sure sword stats are 10 attack lower than spear and axe. Spear should be 150% str 50% dex.
manicmind
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Postby Joshy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:50 pm

I've never been sword on dsoma so I'm not sure how it is affected but on hsoma side of things, sword can be a great pvp weapon once you have good enough stats like on somadev you can train axe/bow and once capped skill up sword... With the new server on the other hand being a slow rate soma this will not be possible... Having said this, trying to go pure sword on hsoma sucks balls and you would fall so far behind with it being the way it is, no one will choose sword... It will be a matter of 90% being bow/nuck and 10% maybe goin pure str with axe...

Maybe I'm wrong and things will change this is just how I see it...
Awaiting a decent long term official server...
Joshy
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby Rykiel » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:09 am

tbh if we want to have variety of weps to lvl str instead of doing axe or spear then sword must become pure str wep
especially now 4th axe being nerfed to B speed.
Rykiel
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby Joshy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:11 am

Sword should never be pure str are you mad!!
Joshy
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby Rykiel » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:15 am

Joshy wrote:Sword should never be pure str are you mad!!

gimmie a good reason why it shouldnt
Rykiel
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby Joshy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:23 am

Because in reality a sword user uses more dexterity then they do strenght... I kno this not real life but let's keep something in this game alive lol...
But seriously there is already 2 str weapons why make sword one aswell?? Sword was designed to make there an option for having equal dex to str (bar the earlier dex slow downs) so as that not everyone goes str crazy and ends up missing each other 90% of the time making pvp even more shit...
There is 2 str weapons for you too choose if you wish to be purely strong, 2 dex weapons if you wish to be evasious (mind the spelling lol) and sword if you wish to keep it roughly even so long as you only wish to use one weapon, hence the reason for me asking what is going to be done...
Just my opinion but I don't agree with sword being an all str weapon in the slightest...
Joshy
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby Rykiel » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:46 am

as i said if we want variety of weps when we lvl str from the 1 and only option axe well atleast on hsoma its completely diff thing on dsoma,dont tell me you would lvl str with spear on hsoma when 4th axe makes the difference.

Unless 5th sword becomes 150% again then ye leave sword as it is and keep it as pvp only wep.
Rykiel
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby Joshy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:54 am

I never said anything about keeping sword as pvp wep only... I'm meerly saying it should be a leveling wep aswell but the reason it isn't is because of the 90/90 gains from using sword... No one plays soma purely for str now days as you would then become a shit char that can not hit anything... Hence why making sword pure str would make sword even worse then it is already...

Also people do not choose axe because of 4th aura they choose it to gain the fastest str to cap after having capped dex (Somadev). Where as on the new server it would be a different story due to the low rates...

I think this is getting a little off topic anyway so can we just leave it there and await dans input on what is/isnt going to be done, if it has even been thought of yet...
Joshy
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby iSylver » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:56 am

Technically it should be 100/100 however it would create Myth of Clones so it may be better to be 110/90 in either ratio I need to double check Knuckles ratio and spear and work out a suitable mid point between the two.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby Joshy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:21 pm

iSylver wrote:Technically it should be 100/100 however it would create Myth of Clones so it may be better to be 110/90 in either ratio I need to double check Knuckles ratio and spear and work out a suitable mid point between the two.

(Y) Like

I'd probably say 110 in favour of dex, as you said depending on spear and nuckle...
Joshy
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

PreviousNext

Return to Development blog