Server release date: August 31st 2013

A place where the developers will submit any work done to the somadev server or client.

Re: Server release date: August 31st 2013

Postby WoomaTaurus » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:50 pm

poison wrote:
Rykiel wrote:i installed the new client and when i open it shut downs

That's what's happening to me....exactly the same..I've been chatting with a soma rep in facebook but not advancing...as I' don't know how to fix it.. I click the icon and it flicks on for 2 seconds then shuts down??

Maybe I should uninstall it all and download it again? I don't get how it was working when I first downloaded it 4 days ago...I click the soma icon to make sure it was dl'ed proper, it opened saying connecting to server will take time..yes of course it said that because server hadn't launched yet.. but the fact it opened then and now shuts down has me baffled....any ideas...as time this gets recified I'll be way behind everyone :?

I had this issue but i restarted my pc and it worked fine after, so give that a go.
WoomaTaurus
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby poison » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:40 pm

WoomaTaurus wrote:
poison wrote:
Rykiel wrote:i installed the new client and when i open it shut downs

That's what's happening to me....exactly the same..I've been chatting with a soma rep in facebook but not advancing...as I' don't know how to fix it.. I click the icon and it flicks on for 2 seconds then shuts down??

Maybe I should uninstall it all and download it again? I don't get how it was working when I first downloaded it 4 days ago...I click the soma icon to make sure it was dl'ed proper, it opened saying connecting to server will take time..yes of course it said that because server hadn't launched yet.. but the fact it opened then and now shuts down has me baffled....any ideas...as time this gets recified I'll be way behind everyone :?

I had this issue but i restarted my pc and it worked fine after, so give that a go.

Thanks but I deleted the download I had, and re-downloaded the client and now the new one works... :)
poison
SD Pro 1 Star
SD Pro 1 Star

Postby King » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:03 am

Not too sure how rested exp works at all? Anywhere with details posted? 6 hours rest gave me 0.71 rested exp, which was useful for 31%-35% on a level 7 character, no stats were earned during the rest period.
King
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby Ramprakash » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:10 pm

Hi,

I have downloaded the client and installed but am having a problem. When I launch the client, it shows only in purple and black and the cursor does not actually click on the screen where it is pointing. The click occurs off to the right somewhere. I was able to navigate through this and ask someone in game, they said to change to 16 bit. I cant do this however as I'm using windows 7 on a laptop and only 32 bit is available.
Any suggestions?
On a side note I was unable to post this on the game forum as I don't have a character 24 hours old, I understand the reasons for this obviously but at the same time it is awkward for genuine new users.

Any help appreciated
Thanks
Ramprakash

Postby iSylver » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:41 pm

Hi Rampra it should work just running the launcher are you using the launcher directly?

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby PARAMOUNT » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:55 pm

Ramprakash wrote:Hi,

I have downloaded the client and installed but am having a problem. When I launch the client, it shows only in purple and black and the cursor does not actually click on the screen where it is pointing. The click occurs off to the right somewhere. I was able to navigate through this and ask someone in game, they said to change to 16 bit. I cant do this however as I'm using windows 7 on a laptop and only 32 bit is available.
Any suggestions?
On a side note I was unable to post this on the game forum as I don't have a character 24 hours old, I understand the reasons for this obviously but at the same time it is awkward for genuine new users.

Any help appreciated
Thanks

Hi there, to solve the purple and black lines (which is due to being in 32 but mode) what you need to do for computers offering only a 32 but setting is right click somaWindow or somaFull (located in your myth of soma folder) and click properties. In properties you the need to select the box which says 'run in reduced colour mode' this drop down box should allow you to select 16 bit, thus solving the problem.
Be ready. Be great.
PARAMOUNT
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby Ramprakash » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:59 pm

Thanks a lot for the responses guys, sounds like that should solve the problem:)
Will try when I get home
Ramprakash

Postby LIAM » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:34 am

is the server down for any one else?
LIAM
SD One Star
SD One Star

Postby Taig » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:55 am

Where do i go to download this server i dont have any soma on my pc at all thanks :P
Taig
SD One Star
SD One Star

Postby iSylver » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:28 am

myth-of-soma.com :)

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

PreviousNext