Armory: Work in Progress

A place where the developers will submit any work done to the somadev server or client.

Re: Armory: Work in Progress

Postby KimboSlice » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:17 pm

Legendary idea tbh. Looks great so far.

arcanine wrote:to expand on the idea (and make more work :P) you could have an achievement system in another tab for example:
  • Travelled to Valley of death
  • Killed a Pamoth
  • Killed 5 players of same level or higher
  • Discovered frozen angel

You get the idea there, make them appear when the player achieves the achievement in green and perhaps name them tf2 style so "killed 5 players of same level or higher" could be called the mercenary achievement for example with some sort of badge icon to make it more tangible, perhaps you could then link those badges to your forum signature to show it off

This post really is a mis match of ideas but I've got a hang over I might write it up properly some other time :P

Exactly my thoughts! There could be be plenty of "First to acheive this" etc. Also, maybe you could choose whether or not to display the achievement once you login to the webpage. For example you could be the first to hit level 100. So you log into the webpage and it would say something like "Congratulations on being the first player to hit level 100. Would you like to display this badge on your profile?" Yes or no?
KimboSlice
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby arcanine » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:25 pm

Yeah being asked if you want to display it is a good idea, I would be wary of adding first to achieve x achievements though, because they only benefit one person then everyone else is annoyed, everyone wants to be the best you'll do the community more harm then good by adding first to achieve x achievements, ideally achievements need to be accessible by all players, to keep everyone happy.
The community usually notice who achieved what first anyway.

but yeah it's defiantly something that would be nice to see
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby mucas » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:04 pm

Most online armories have ingame items list and what drops, think thats a must for new players.

Not sure about players stats tbh some people like has been said already dont like giving their stats out, but things like level ,pos, guild,guild position arent that private .

I see a few asking for acheivements like WOW, so quests completed etc, Sr capable crafters and maybe time played
mucas
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby Corrupt » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:16 pm

mucas wrote:Most online armories have ingame items list and what drops, think thats a must for new players.

Not sure about players stats tbh some people like has been said already dont like giving their stats out, but things like level ,pos, guild,guild position arent that private .

I see a few asking for acheivements like WOW, so quests completed etc, Sr capable crafters and maybe time played

People don't want to give there stats out, but it's perfectly fine to list SR capeable crafters? :roll:

If Soma actually had a decent quest system that went beyond level 32 it'd give away your level rather easily.
Corrupt
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby iSylver » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:25 am

Rotating styles added a more dsoma based theme and a hsoma one.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby robot123 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:02 pm

New skin looks loads better
Sheffielder
robot123
SD Pro 3 Star
SD Pro 3 Star

Postby Moomin » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:00 pm

That looks awesome! A whole website like that please! Im liking the ideas, but Im definitely leaning towards the more non-intrusive stats. As said before the keen players don't like to reveal their stats. I like nearly all of acanine's ideas.
Moomin
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby Dimension » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:16 pm

showing gear would be good, if it showed u the unique upgrades on it obviously. not giving away stats exactly, but people get unique parts of armour and weapons, and its nice to show off for sum players.
u cud maybe have a hide gear tick box for people who dont want to show it?
Dimension
SD Five Star
SD Five Star

Postby XenimusMK2 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:17 am

These little featurettes are all very nice but shouldnt you be focusing on the game itself?
PSN: ChocoboJockey
Xbox360: JustCupidStunt
XenimusMK2

Postby iSylver » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:55 pm

Myself and Finito have different skills that are utilised in different areas of the game server development.

Finito is the programmer.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Development blog