Crafting

Anything you would like to see in the somadev server? Post here!

Crafting

Postby Zoro » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:36 pm

I think the new ability to create tagged weapons/armor is pretty awesome but one thing im sure that most people dont like about crafting.

It would be great if we could make daggers, shoes, rings stackable? (I mean im sure we can all agree that vendoring them one by one is just a ridiculous waste of time, and now that crafting is time restricted by the new time limits put in place, surely we can have stackable daggers/cheap shoes/rings (Doesnt matter if the rest doesnt stack since nobody really makes them, and they will need to be crafted to be actually used)

I believe this was the case on Rhyse/Liyunjas server, so we wanted this to be implemented, they would probably be able to point Isylver/Finito in the right direction as to how to do it??
Zoro
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Re: Crafting

Postby iSylver » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:55 pm

I'm sure we can do it making stackable items is the same as changing one db entry. However, I'm not a fan of it. Crafting is already easier with faster rates and now the repeat/produce functionality. We aren't going to make it too easy by stacking items up.

Being able to create tagged items already gives crafters more worth than ever and it should be reasonably tasking to become a high skilled crafter.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby smash » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:21 pm

In the launch server, i think recipes above 20 skill or so should be changed to make people work them out.

with currently all recipes known theres not really much left to discover. unless of course theres new things added that havent been announced. maybe new mats types or something.
smash
SD Five Star
SD Five Star

Postby Corrupt » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:33 pm

Zoro wrote:I think the new ability to create tagged weapons/armor is pretty awesome but one thing im sure that most people dont like about crafting.

It would be great if we could make daggers, shoes, rings stackable? (I mean im sure we can all agree that vendoring them one by one is just a ridiculous waste of time, and now that crafting is time restricted by the new time limits put in place, surely we can have stackable daggers/cheap shoes/rings (Doesnt matter if the rest doesnt stack since nobody really makes them, and they will need to be crafted to be actually used)

Do you not get what that means?

Really need Bones in Abias shops now.
Corrupt
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby Zoro » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:35 am

What i meant wasnt very well worded,

I meant anything non dagger/cheap shoes/ring do not need to stack as nobody really makes them FOR SKILL,

"they will need to be crafted to be actually used" sort of refers to the fact that the crafted dagger/shoes/ring on rhyse which do stack do not have any stats i think? They are just an item called dagger and all identical, it cannot be used as a weapon or armor (I might be wrong), We cant have that implemented because then all crafted stuff would be non useable then if they stacked, and obviously people need to craft weapons/armor to level with...

I still think it doesnt make much sense, but yeah, its irrelevant now after Isylver made his post.
Zoro
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Return to Ideas & Suggestions