Keeping UC up

Anything you would like to see in the somadev server? Post here!

Keeping UC up

Postby jasonis » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:19 pm

A few ideas you could implement imo....

When noobies join sometimes they think Fudgesticks this there's no cance i will catch up which can lead too killing the uc a little... so why not have something like a "exp share scroll" just a example.. and with it eveyone in the party will gain exp this will give smaller guilds a chance also if there was higher lvl char in the guild and all the rest were pretty low he could lvl the others untill its pointless getting exp shared because it would be lower amount than lvling yourself...but you would benefit if you were lvl 1 and getting exp share at blg just say than huning wolves, maybe make a quest at lv 50 or something for the scroll or whatever.. and make it so the party leader gets... for example 10 pos per mob kill when exp sharing which would encourage more people too do it.

another idea could be every 100 hour or so you spend ingame you get a x2 boost for an hour.

also after every few months half the hp of mobs below a certain mark for example below devil warriors..

thanks
jasonis
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Re: Keeping UC up

Postby Needles » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:50 pm

Fair ideas and little boosts to newer players is cool but to be honest when people start a game late that's the penalty they pay, playing catch up which is basicly the same with the majority of games. Just seems like people want their hands held a little too much.
Needles
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby KimboSlice » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:12 pm

I agree Needles. With this being a very slow rate server, players will be closer in stats than in most private servers that we've seen. Which will lead hopefully lead to casual players being more competitive in PVP. Also with the usercount hopefully being as high as I anticipate, there will be more players at the various different level ranges to compete with each other.

Perhaps when the official server has been up for a long period of time, it might be wise to then revisit how to encourage new players to join.
KimboSlice
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby ghostlord » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:48 am

Games generally always become easier anyway, making it easier to catch up even if it's a little. We also have rested XP and the fact that in a party you can 10% more stats/%. I think we're quite alright, afterall even on ESoma eventually people could catch up. Those that couldn't never will be able to.
Leader of The_Empire
@Ghostlord - Test server Pos King
@Phawaka - Retired human

Proud board member and mod of Somadev. Play fair, be nice!
Show your love for Soma, tell your friends about it!

Somadev - Blade of Heaven - 31st of August
ghostlord
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby robot123 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:15 pm

Are you saying on the release server you can get a 10% boost for being in a party?
Sheffielder
robot123
SD Pro 3 Star
SD Pro 3 Star

Postby ghostlord » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:01 pm

robot123 wrote:Are you saying on the release server you can get a 10% boost for being in a party?

i believe you already do.
Leader of The_Empire
@Phawaka - Retired human

ghostlord
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby robot123 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:11 pm

Im sorry but I realy dont like this Idea. It just compacts the already generus rested XP and makes the game to easy... please can this be re-concidered?
Sheffielder
robot123
SD Pro 3 Star
SD Pro 3 Star

Postby iSylver » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:35 pm

It's always been in the server (esoma included) people just weren't educated about it. However, we don't have this in our new server.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby DazTheMe » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:01 pm

If anything I would of thought that later users will hold more an advantage in the fact that the first wave of people are the ones who will be hunting completely the wrong mobs for drops they need, hunting mobs later because the weps/arms they need are not yet in place.

Newer users are more likely to step into an economy that has already been established and populated with items, barr, weapons and armours therefor providing a better enviroment for them to level on a path that doesnt stray towards stat loss such as the first generation of people will.
DazTheMe
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby ghostlord » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:52 pm

robot123 wrote:Im sorry but I realy dont like this Idea. It just compacts the already generus rested XP and makes the game to easy... please can this be re-concidered?

what would you think of tying it to cha? ie if you get 1% per 10 charisma with a max of 10%.
Leader of The_Empire
@Phawaka - Retired human

ghostlord
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Next

Return to Ideas & Suggestions