Keeping UC up

Anything you would like to see in the somadev server? Post here!

Re: Keeping UC up

Postby Rumz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:32 am

Maybe after a few months they could add rested XP on new character made say,

2,000 rested XP, that would be about 20 levels, that way people who started late, or want to change "race"

so it might encourage more people to play.. think that is more logical.. :)
@Rumz

SAY NO TO SOMA PETS
Rumz
SD Pro 3 Star
SD Pro 3 Star

Postby sinnuh » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

Rumz wrote:Maybe after a few months they could add rested XP on new character made say,

2,000 rested XP, that would be about 20 levels, that way people who started late, or want to change "race"

so it might encourage more people to play.. think that is more logical.. :)

i actually really like this idea!

i mean 6 months down the line were going to have plenty of high levels,

whats a few characters getting to level 20 going to do? the higher levels wouldn't even notice as level 20 is hardly significant months into the game.

it also gives players a positive way to start the game, getting going at the beginning is one of the hardest parts to me, once i hit raps or wraith the game starts to flow and the speed doesnt affect me it's just getting to that level.

so yeah on the whole i really like this idea as it attracts people who join late an doesnt really effect chars that have been here since the beginning :)

/sinny
sinnuh
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Postby KimboSlice » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:17 pm

I agree Sinnuh. Perhaps this could be implemented after say 6 months and then changed every so many months to encourage new players to give it a shot.
KimboSlice
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby unvmeh » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:30 pm

i like the idea but imagine how many people will quit after 20 levels at x2 exp then have to go back to normal rates at level 20 when its going to naturally get harder anyways.

maybe selected times of the day until up to level 25 or something.

4 hours a day then you'll get a mix of both rates.
........./´¯/)
......../¯..//
......./..../ /
./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
/'/.../..../......./¨¯\
('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.\.................\/..../
..\.......... _.·´/
...\..............(
....\.............\
.....\.UNVMEH.\
unvmeh
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby iSylver » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:59 am

There's also opportunity of referrals where if you refer someone and they get to let's say level 30 then you get an extra 25% rested exp.

Also assuming the player they referred would receive a high amount of rested exp.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby Rumz » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:32 am

iSylver wrote:There's also opportunity of referrals where if you refer someone and they get to let's say level 30 then you get an extra 25% rested exp.

Also assuming the player they referred would receive a high amount of rested exp.

Sounds like a good idea but something that shouldn't be implanted straight away as people would just recommend them self or friends playing.

maybe something to be added down the line, maybe with the 20 level boost.. might encourage people to stay on after..

tho i disagree with unvmeh as if people are going to quit at level 20 they wasn't planning on staying long anyways, i doubt it will be because of the 2x
@Rumz

SAY NO TO SOMA PETS
Rumz
SD Pro 3 Star
SD Pro 3 Star

Postby ghostlord » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:22 pm

iSylver wrote:There's also opportunity of referrals where if you refer someone and they get to let's say level 30 then you get an extra 25% rested exp.

I quite like this. However, like Rumz said I don't think it should be implemented straight away - maybe after 3 months or so.

However I think lvl 30 for the reward is too steep. I do realise that a lower amount could leave to abuse. So I'm thinking of this:
- Lvl 10 - 5% bonus
- Lvl 20 - 6% bonus
- Lvl 25 - 6% bonus
- Lvl 30 - 8% bonus

The numbers do seem a little low, but I think the 25% bonus overall is good.
Leader of The_Empire
@Ghostlord - Test server Pos King
@Phawaka - Retired human

Proud board member and mod of Somadev. Play fair, be nice!
Show your love for Soma, tell your friends about it!

Somadev - Blade of Heaven - 31st of August
ghostlord
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby jasonis » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:05 pm

But surely lvl 60+ would spam a lot of noobs too lvl 10 for 5% rested be quicker than normal lvling lol
jasonis
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Previous

Return to Ideas & Suggestions