4th and 5th aura's for mage

Anything related to the test server.

4th and 5th aura's for mage

Postby sinnuh » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:15 pm

seeing as other classes are moaning about having aura's changed or "nerfd"

figured mages need some recognition for not even having a 4th of 5th

the change made to 2nd aura is fantastic a perfect choice,

maybe speeding up 1st a tad? (used to hate standing around to regain mana) and all other firsts got a boost to esoma.

3rd is a fantastic aura no change required there.

question is what would be a good but fair 4th and 5th to have, possible ideas:

1, - stone aura - mages use magic perfectly plausible to paralyze somebody
2, speed up aura, so double quick cast but a sideffect would be double MP costs
3, an MA/MD boost say 10-10 or 15-15 for example
4, defense increase aura like 2nd axe

there just a few rough suggestions i know they'll be criticism and other more suitable suggestions made but thats the point of this to help give mages a chance to compete end game :)

/sinny
sinnuh
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Re: 4th and 5th aura's for mage

Postby unvmeh » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:21 pm

Other options,

On my server 4th and 5th where -

4th 1000% eva 10 seconds. Great for WOW would dodge 99% of players and allowed to cast and have some sort of impact.

4th 1000def 10 seconds. again great for wow/gv could be hit but can take the damage.
........./´¯/)
......../¯..//
......./..../ /
./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
/'/.../..../......./¨¯\
('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.\.................\/..../
..\.......... _.·´/
...\..............(
....\.............\
.....\.UNVMEH.\
unvmeh
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby Rumz » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:38 pm

Like the 1000% eva idea, but cool down should be awhile, but always cancel out with attack arua so make no big difference imo :)
@Rumz

SAY NO TO SOMA PETS
Rumz
SD Pro 3 Star
SD Pro 3 Star

Postby Corrupt » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:06 pm

A weaken aura that works like para and can't be cured.
Corrupt
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby Aquatica666 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:24 pm

Mass weaken like 5th knuckle weakens all mobs / players around you so can mass attack frost wind woteva?
eSoma:
Aquatica666
Bobned

Soma Dev
@Aquatica669 - Fantasy Spear
@Aquatica666 - FallenAngels Axer
@HazV3 - FallenAngels Mage
@Aquatica169 - FallenAngels Knux
@Aquatica - FallenAngels Archer
Aquatica666
SD One Star
SD One Star

Postby robot123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:59 pm

I like the idea but would either have to have a long cool down or reduce it from 10 sec to maybe 5?

I personally would add a aura that adds 10ma & 10md at once for 4th and use the gold dragon edit and 5th could be same as the mage dodge but higher % maybe 15 like it was before it got nerfed? could use the dodge aura skin buy one of the edited colours?
Sheffielder
robot123
SD Pro 3 Star
SD Pro 3 Star

Postby unvmeh » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:32 pm

robot123 wrote:I like the idea but would either have to have a long cool down or reduce it from 10 sec to maybe 5?

I personally would add a aura that adds 10ma & 10md at once for 4th and use the gold dragon edit and 5th could be same as the mage dodge but higher % maybe 15 like it was before it got nerfed? could use the dodge aura skin buy one of the edited colours?

The problem with having low evasion on a mage it sucks on dsoma, where they have no option but train magic and not gain any dex any other way, evasion only works if you have high dex to back it up.

giving 1000% eva at short amount of time 10seconds will give a mage enough time to run in cast weaken blast a couple of people then run away again.
........./´¯/)
......../¯..//
......./..../ /
./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
/'/.../..../......./¨¯\
..\.......... _.·´/
...\..............(
....\.............\
.....\.UNVMEH.\
unvmeh
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby robot123 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:08 am

unvmeh wrote:
robot123 wrote:I like the idea but would either have to have a long cool down or reduce it from 10 sec to maybe 5?

The problem with having low evasion on a mage it sucks on dsoma, where they have no option but train magic and not gain any dex any other way, evasion only works if you have high dex to back it up.

giving 1000% eva at short amount of time 10seconds will give a mage enough time to run in cast weaken blast a couple of people then run away again.

Very true but that is a Dsoma specific issue maybee they should re-work dex gains for dsoma mages.
Sheffielder
robot123
SD Pro 3 Star
SD Pro 3 Star

Postby unvmeh » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:15 am

robot123 wrote:
unvmeh wrote:

Very true but that is a Dsoma specific issue maybee they should re-work dex gains for dsoma mages.

I say give mages a option of doing a str/dex level with a staff up the att on staffs and let them raise there other stats.
........./´¯/)
......../¯..//
......./..../ /
./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
/'/.../..../......./¨¯\
..\.......... _.·´/
...\..............(
....\.............\
.....\.UNVMEH.\
unvmeh
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby unvmeh » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:19 am

I was 2nd mage in dsoma to get 3rd aura and i know how painful training a mage can be, with damage caps and real low funds to hunt obtain spells it can be a class you could easy quit.

i really hope for devil mage's there is something for them on the release, I wont be going there as its such a pain in the ass class.
........./´¯/)
......../¯..//
......./..../ /
./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
/'/.../..../......./¨¯\
..\.......... _.·´/
...\..............(
....\.............\
.....\.UNVMEH.\
unvmeh