Can we have a ranks page just for highest level

Anything related to the test server.

Can we have a ranks page just for highest level

Postby Infern0 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:36 am

Also can you sort out soma not going full screen on higher revolusions and wide screen.
Infern0
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Re: Can we have a ranks page just for highest level

Postby KimboSlice » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:07 am

It goes full screen once you are actually in game. You will only experience this issue at the login, char creation, and char select screens. Also be aware that while the new client's default resolution is 1024x768, if you raise the resolution to something higher than that in the config.txt file you will experience graphical issues currently. If you raise it to 1366x768 (common laptop resolution) you experience the minor issue of shadows being cut off. But if you set it to 1680x1050 or higher, you will start to see black tiles as you are running around in game. These are issues that Finito is aware of and might be looked at in the future. Hopefully in the future he can implement new login, char create and char select screens that will scale to various resolutions.

Regarding the ranks page, I would disagree and say that it would be best not to have one. I would prefer to leave it to rumors and speculation. If something like that was to be implemented I would only want like "top 5 players" on the front page. I think it would however be neat to have the current guild village owner listed on the front page. And a time or countdown for next gvw and wotw.
KimboSlice
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby ghostlord » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:58 am

The only rank page we will have is most likely the halls of honour - the PoS ranking.
Leader of The_Empire
@Ghostlord - Test server Pos King
@Phawaka - Retired human

Proud board member and mod of Somadev. Play fair, be nice!
Show your love for Soma, tell your friends about it!

Somadev - Blade of Heaven - 31st of August
ghostlord
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby Needles » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:21 pm

Always been against rank pages and I still am, just does more harm than good in my opinion. However a couple things I wouldn't mind seeing is maybe a ranking for pos and maybe non grey kills.
Needles
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby JohnNAmy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Ranks pages causes no harm if anything it creates more competition and drives people to stay online longer which in turn will boost the usercount.
JohnNAmy

Postby Needles » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:43 pm

JohnNAmy wrote:Ranks pages causes no harm if anything it creates more competition and drives people to stay online longer which in turn will boost the usercount.

I like to keep my stats private unless someone directly asks me, also encourages things like multies, no lifers and abuse to those in top spots in my opinion. And yes I do actually believe some are sad enough to not log off due to being scared of losing thier spot on a ranks page.
Needles
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby Joshy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:55 pm

Ranks pages are always a no no... Never good just boosts certain idiots egos and causes argument including people accusing others of multin'in cheating etc etc... I like the idea of having guild village owners on the website and also maybe a grey death counter if possible... Maybe being titled as well for keeping the pkers at bay... Maybe have just the one position for highest str, int etc to maybe play for a label i.e master magician for higest int or something along these lines, going on the web aite too but this is not important...
Awaiting a decent long term official server...
Joshy
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby Rumz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:20 pm

Should be top 3 levels don't have to show stats that way even low levels know who the strongest
@Rumz

SAY NO TO SOMA PETS
Rumz
SD Pro 3 Star
SD Pro 3 Star

Postby sinnuh » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:28 pm

ranks pages annoy the hell out of me, people check where they are, then based on that will be whether they try and PK someone.

i like it being a mystery, if i choose not to do int and my int rank is really low and im near top on str/dex everyone will know how to fight me... ranks pages never benefit a server a player see's he's not even in the top 100 an will be like, any point me playing....

people know ingame whether they are strong or not based on how they fare in Pk fights and at GVW/wotw a ranks page doesnt benefit anybody...

i personally do like the idea of a grey killer board to see how many grey people you've killed and ofcourse keeping the Pos page we had :)

/sinny
sinnuh
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Postby Needles » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:49 pm

sinnuh wrote:ranks pages annoy the hell out of me, people check where they are, then based on that will be whether they try and PK someone.

Same reasons I can't stand rank pages, maybe it's just me but I really can't understand what the obsession behind having a rank page really is. I don't mean this to sound too harsh but is it really anyone elses business whos at the top or who has the most str, int, dex etc etc.

Rumz wrote:Should be top 3 levels don't have to show stats that way even low levels know who the strongest

Why do people have to know who the strongest is? lol, what benefit does it bring? if anything it actually takes away from competition.
Needles
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Next

Return to Test Server