[Share] Sickle Canyon

Made any new maps? or just want to download them.

[Share] Sickle Canyon

Postby arcanine » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:10 pm

Here's my second map release it's 150x150 and based on the Thousand Year Tree Town title set

Named Sickle Canyon after the sickle shaped ridge in the centre of the map, again I need it testing, especially move and no move areas, personally this is intended to replace The Continental Army map but could be used in other roles.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

If anyone finds any problems let me know
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by arcanine on Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:53 pm

Re: [Share] Sickle Canyon

Postby gallim » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:02 am

looking very good!

Kudos!
gallim
SD Five Star
SD Five Star
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: [Share] Sickle Canyon

Postby Tiffany » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:01 pm

The map is working and seems to be pretty good.

I did find a few minor issues from running about for a few mins:

minor issues wrote:There is no overlap minimap.
90, 48 I can run behind the wall corner on the normal client, (and hide).
63, 53 Run off the cliff edge.
77, 93 Run off the cliff edge.
52,100 to 39,109 Run off the cliff edge.
64,110 Can't get into the "open" house - Assumed that thats intentional.
Tiffany
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: [Share] Sickle Canyon

Postby arcanine » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:22 pm

Thanks for testing again, I wasn't able to reference your coordinates because
the map editor displays different coordinates (the bottom left corner is noted as being about x90 and 190y) but
I think I've found the cliff errors you pointed out there right:
  • I'm not sure how to add a minimap overlay so unfortunately I can't address that
  • As long as it doesn't look odd, I'll keep the space behind the wall
  • I hope I've found this move area on the cliff
  • Same for this one lol
  • I defiantly found this one
  • I'm not sure how to add houses, so that you can walk inside, so for now, I've just made it so you
    can't get near

cheers again for the feedback
User avatar
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:53 pm

Re: [Share] Sickle Canyon

Postby Tiffany » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:58 pm

arcanine wrote:Thanks for testing again, I wasn't able to reference your coordinates because
the map editor displays different coordinates (the bottom left corner is noted as being about x90 and 190y) but
I think I've found the cliff errors you pointed out there right:
  • I'm not sure how to add a minimap overlay so unfortunately I can't address that
  • As long as it doesn't look odd, I'll keep the space behind the wall
  • I hope I've found this move area on the cliff
  • Same for this one lol
  • I defiantly found this one
  • I'm not sure how to add houses, so that you can walk inside, so for now, I've just made it so you
    can't get near

cheers again for the feedback

minimap is a BMP file that has been converted to OBM and shrunk / overlayed with a 25% transparency or something like it. Have a look in Client DLG folder at the MapViewnn.obm's and convert them to bmp.

yes agreed map/server coords are different than client but there is a conversion somewhere.
Tiffany
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: [Share] Sickle Canyon

Postby Finito » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:29 pm

arcanine wrote:Thanks for testing again, I wasn't able to reference your coordinates because
the map editor displays different coordinates


Replace ServerX and ServerY with a Co ord within map editor and for
IMF File MoveCell Height try using the map height given by map editor.

Server to Client Co ordinate Conversion
ClientX = ServerX - (IMF File MoveCell Height / 2 - 1) + ServerY
ClientY = ServerY - ServerX + (IMF File MoveCell Height / 2 - 1)

Client to Server Co ordinate Conversion
ServerX = (IMF File MoveCell Height / 2 - 1) - (ClientY / 2) + (ClientX / 2)
ServerY = (Y / 2) + (X / 2) + 1 (Only Add 1 If X / 2 has a remainder)
Finito
SomaDev Staff
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:25 pm

Re: [Share] Sickle Canyon

Postby arcanine » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:05 pm

Finito wrote:

Server to Client Co ordinate Conversion
ClientX = ServerX - (IMF File MoveCell Height / 2 - 1) + ServerY
ClientY = ServerY - ServerX + (IMF File MoveCell Height / 2 - 1)

Client to Server Co ordinate Conversion
ServerX = (IMF File MoveCell Height / 2 - 1) - (ClientY / 2) + (ClientX / 2)
ServerY = (Y / 2) + (X / 2) + 1 (Only Add 1 If X / 2 has a remainder)



Thanks for your calculations there Finito by IMF File MoveCell Height do you mean
the entire height of the map or simply the current Y value, I'm trying to map your calculations
into excel so as to easily convert between server and client coordinates

Tiffany wrote:minimap is a BMP file that has been converted to OBM and shrunk / overlayed with a 25% transparency or something like it. Have a look in Client DLG folder at the MapViewnn.obm's and convert them to bmp.

yes agreed map/server coords are different than client but there is a conversion somewhere.


Hmm I'll have a look into that after I format
User avatar
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:53 pm

Re: [Share] Sickle Canyon

Postby Finito » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:20 pm

arcanine wrote:Thanks for your calculations there Finito by IMF File MoveCell Height do you mean
the entire height of the map or simply the current Y value, I'm trying to map your calculations
into excel so as to easily convert between server and client coordinates

The total height of the map.


On a side note ive just posted some information on how it might be possible to create the inside of houses
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=306&p=2258#p2258
I have not tested the method but hopefully will point people in the right direction.
Finito
SomaDev Staff
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:25 pm

Re: [Share] Sickle Canyon

Postby kriss » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:31 pm

Woah this is very nice to see. More maps would be really needed if the server and soma is going to have a way bigger usercount :) Looks good, great job. Keep going , keep rocking :D ^^
kriss
SD Three Star
SD Three Star
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:57 am
Location: Latvia

Re: [Share] Sickle Canyon

Postby Slayerr » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:37 pm

Yeah this is a nice lookin map. I'm currently working on a new 300x300 map, i'm trying to create a snow land, which cud expand on the north of merc. I've done the majority of the map base now with the current snow tiles and what not, but i'm trying to create some of my own tiles to use in the map aswell.
Soma Maps
Fornway Mountains (South) v2.0 - IN PROGRESS
http://www.somadev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3385
User avatar
Slayerr
SD Three Star
SD Three Star
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:48 pm

Next

Return to Map Releases

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron